Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Time for a Tanerite bomb!

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Da Duke 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
A couple Claymore mines would be more effective. Had a Starling problem once. I had 3 small cannons with 1.25 bores. Would load them up with #6 shot and aim them across the garden. Had them wired for hot plug ignition. Fired manually with switch. Killed hundreds and about two weeks of that, mostly once a day, they found somewhere else to go.

#12 ·
I don't have a hog problem but I would go to any lengths to wipe out coyotes. Except poison because it would hurt other wildlife. Every problem animal we have now is the result of man tinkering with nature or mishandling of foreign species. The same with fish and plants. The insects are in here because of lax inspections of imported goods.

#15 ·
well hell, they been here a long time and so has a lot of
other things people hate for good reasons.
i figure they're gonna be here after we're all gone too.
only way we've learned to cope with them down here is fence them off.
yep, its costly too...
no good answer to a problem like this and it is a problem.
i don't let it bother me like some do down here. i figure life
is too short.
you just have to figure out a way to live with them is pretty much
what texans have decided.
if a few get blowed up along the way i guess thats okay i just
don't want to be the one doing it.

#19 ·
Thanks for the offers, I've decided build a trap and take what I want and call friends that want one and let them cherry pick on or two. I'm sure the big boars will be left for me to dispose of humanely. The tanerite caption was just an attention grabber. I find it unethical to destroy a hand full (10) pigs on my count with explosives. If I had a big operation and they were a problem I would not hesitate to be unethical with a huge problem costing me big bucks. Dig a hole and shove them in it. The pigs are only eating the food I set out for deer and running them off. Rest assured these pests will be eradicated.

Last year a fella caught a couple hundred hogs in Oklahoma and turned them loose in Howard and Polk Co. Arkansas. These are some of those. Didn't have them show up till last year. Wish they would have caught that ass monkey and strung him up.

#22 ·
in Texas we've started putting up hog wire fence around our deer feeders.
deer jump in, hogs stay out. run 2 strands of barbwire low and real tight.
if you saw 10 rest assured theres 30 you didn't see.
make the entrance to your trap no higher than 2 foot. that's all it needs to be...
yes, even for a big one. they can crawl under a hole in a fence lower than that.
if you ain't careful you'll catch a deer in it.
put a thorny limb across the entrance about 2 feet high that will deter the deer.
bait it with sour corn will help too.
best of luck to you.

#20 ·
We had a family here that vacationed in La every year. The do a lot of hunting & fishing. 30yrs ago they started buying and live trapping bobcats down there. Bringing them back to Ohio and turning them lose. I don't know if this has anything to do with our new populations of bobcats. My grandpa's generation ( farmers) and my dads generation never saw a bobcat until late 80s. I saw my first two within 5 miles of suspects properties. Treed one **** hunting and saw the other in a creek bottom swamp in day time. Now they are common but nobody beefing about damage from them. Everyone is picking them up on trail cams. We would be tickled if they got a taste for Canadian Geese. We have them up the butt. Nobody eats them or hunts them. They are protected or they would be shot out like a common varmit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.