Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the same gray 3/4- 1" thick foam seat for years, easy to carry quiet doesn't absorb water, but after 2-3 days of turkey hunting I cant set on it for 20 minuets with out discomfort. I have seen some 1 1/2'' - 2'' and 3'' seats for sale, what are you guys using and how do you like it.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Hey Andy - the older I've become the harder it is to sit on a pad, on the ground, with my back up against a tree. Finally broke down this year and bought a turkey chair. I ordered, from Midway, the ALPS Nat'l Wild Turkey Federation chair. I set up at 6:30 am, but didn't have any close-by action. Didn't have a better spot in mind so I stayed put. Killed a bird at 9:15. Never could've stayed in one spot that long if I'd been on the ground. The chair is not too heavy and there's a strap to help carry it. Worked for me, and I'm 6'2" and 255 lbs. If you look on Midway I'm the "Charlie" providing the review.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Andy - the older I've become the harder it is to sit on a pad, on the ground, with my back up against a tree. Finally broke down this year and bought a turkey chair. I ordered, from Midway, the ALPS Nat'l Wild Turkey Federation chair. I set up at 6:30 am, but didn't have any close-by action. Didn't have a better spot in mind so I stayed put. Killed a bird at 9:15. Never could've stayed in one spot that long if I'd been on the ground. The chair is not too heavy and there's a strap to help carry it. Worked for me, and I'm 6'2" and 255 lbs. If you look on Midway I'm the "Charlie" providing the review.
Charlie
Thanks I will check that out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.