Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Trigger Happy Kit from WWG yesterday so today I stripped my 95 down to install it. It's a Remlin and is about 4 months old. I also did some polishing as per links on this site. I noticed that when I took the action apart that the Locking Lug/Block was very tight in the receiver. So tight in fact that I had to really work to get it out. After polishing and installing the trigger I put everything back together and the locking block is still very tight in the action and has to be forced up into its slot in the action. Once it gets almost all the way up it frees up a little but is almost impossible to move up and down by hand. Anyone else ever have this problem? What would it hurt to polish just the sides of the locking block until it slides freely?

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Check the action slicking threads for directions and warnings on the block. If I remember correctly there are some surfaces that can safely be polished but I don't recall if the sides are included.

Reactions: Punkin Chunkin

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After getting the digital mike out plus a magnifying glass and a knife blade I found a very small lip on one side of the block and also a burr in the channel of the receiver. Polished the sides of the block and the burr in the receiver and it slides smooth as silk now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts