Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a thumb hole stock for a model 25mn i already get 1"groups at 100yrd im using fold down bipod legs and i just ordered a drop in trigger the only thing im lacking is a stock.the gun is perfect itll hold all ammo to between 3/4 to 1" any help is appreciated :D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I wouldn't mess with it, but....

If you insist on a thumbhole stock then Richard Microfit is the only game in town. A member of the old Marlin Board, "Marine PMI" gave up his 25MN stock for 6 months while Richards made a duplicating slave for the Marlins so we could all have thumbhole stocks. They are pricey but if you must, then this is the game you need get into. Shame to fix what ain't broke, though. ~Andrew

·
Registered
25 Posts
I feel as Andrew does; if you have a 22 of any kind that will hold 1in or less with ANY ammo at 100yds, don't dink with it. That's extremely good.

www.martincustom.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i think ur right i checked out the site and didnt see any thing i liked so ill leave it alone

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
There is an inexpensive option, if you're handy, and you just want something different.
Rebuild the factory stock. You can cut and laminate excess wood to the ares that you want to reshape, and then fit it to your liking.
I've done this on a couple rifles, and the end result can not only be good looking, but a great personalized fit.
It wont make your gun shoot any better, but it will be unique.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts