Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
It sure sucks to be broke.. :cry: Thats a fine rifle ..

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just got mine out of layaway. It is enroute to my FFL as we speak. I normally don't care to have "pretty" guns because I hunt pretty hard with them. However, I made an exception with this one. For us 35REM guys, it is just a cool little carbine :wink: .

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Gunpowder it depends on where it was sold. Here in Washington I paid $570 for mine with state tax added, ours is 8.3% or something close to that. They do make a 30-30 like it ie the XLR. Laminated stock is the biggest difference.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sure-Shot said:
Gunpowder it depends on where it was sold. Here in Washington I paid $570 for mine with state tax added, ours is 8.3% or something close to that. They do make a 30-30 like it ie the XLR. Laminated stock is the biggest difference.

Just did a search for these on Gallery of Guns...not even listed....maybe the 500 are sold out !!!!

---------------------------------------

"They do make a 30-30 like it ie the XLR. Laminated stock is the biggest difference."

Another difference is the XLR has a 24" barrel, and bolt is fluted.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Have to agree w/ Gunjunkie:

It sure does suck to be broke!
My local Gander Mtn has three of these for $569 each. The 336XLR sitting next to them pales in comparison IMHO; although I DO actually like those grey laminated stocks!
BB
:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts