Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I wanted was a 336, 30-30 with a long barrel , Ballard rifling. So I I kept my eye out for a waffle top.
Went to a local LGS and there it was. But in stainless, a 336XLR hanging there. 24 inch barrel, end cap, 6 grooved Ballard rifling, everything I wanted. Never thought about the XLR like that.
Thought about it overnight and paid for it today.
The all weather stock throws me a little, but my buddy just got an all weather Henry so it makes it easier.

·
Super Moderator
26,112 Posts
I am guessing that the OP lives in CA and has a mandatory wait or "cooling off" period before the rifle can be picked up. I had to go through that in WA state many years ago.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like I've never heard that before.

Well the ten day waiting period will be over on the 4th, but the 30 day waiting period to see if the rifle was stolen won't be over until the 6th but the LGS is closed Sunday and Monday so I have to wait until the 8th to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Like I've never heard that before.

Well the ten day waiting period will be over on the 4th, but the 30 day waiting period to see if the rifle was stolen won't be over until the 6th but the LGS is closed Sunday and Monday so I have to wait until the 8th to pick it up.
Dang it!! I hate when that happens. It bummed me out when it took a extra day for the background check cause the main computer was down. :bebored:

·
Premium Member
12,098 Posts
WHAT is happening to OUR Left coast ?................Gun Jail ?............long waiting periods?.. ...........stolen?.................

I visited California for MY LAST time in 1989............Been there, been subjected to all that..............OH!..... but now I live in Connecticut!..........:afraid::frown::hmmmm:

Did Gov. Jerry Brown talk to the Martians yet?

Tom

·
Registered
856 Posts
Florida just went to the theee day waiting period for all guns. Used to be just handguns. I have a CCW permit, so no big deal for me. However, it is sad for the rest of the population that just want to enjoy the shooting sports.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Yep, I buy my first firearm while in CA back in 1991 (S&W 357). The wait did not really seem like a big deal. But, the purchase did start something. I bought two more firearms when I was in Texas about two years later. It was nice to walk into the store, give the lady my money and walk out though. Now, the biggest waiting time for me is letting go hundreds of dollars at a time. So, I typically opt for the payment plan, which is what I did for my first firearm that cost hundreds of dollars. I guess some things just do not change.

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Looking forward to the pics when you get it.

I didn't know FL went to a 3 day waiting period on all firearms unless you have a CCW. Doesn't affect me but I hate it for others. It was kind of nice for me the other day. I walked in a FL LGS discovered a Winchester 94 Big Bore 375 for the right price, handed my permit over and was cleared in less than a minute. That's the way it should be.

·
Registered
856 Posts

I didn't know FL went to a 3 day waiting period on all firearms unless you have a CCW. Doesn't affect me but I hate it for others. It was kind of nice for me the other day. I walked in a FL LGS discovered a Winchester 94 Big Bore 375 for the right price, handed my permit over and was cleared in less than a minute. That's the way it should be.
Yup...with a permit it’s no biggie. I just hate it for those without CCW who just want to buy a gun for the range, hunting, etc.

Reactions: Marlinjunkie

·
Registered
828 Posts

I'm glad it worked out for you, but you shouldn't of had to have a permit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.