Marlin Firearms Forum banner

11601 - 11620 of 11728 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Here in Cincinnati it has been dark and dreary for so long I've lost count of the days. I'm panicking at this point because there is this huge, shining object in the southeastern sky. So bright you cannot look directly at it and it is casting shadows. I"m not sure what it is. I think its a UFO or something.

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
Did the buzz cut back in June with a #1.
Not a good look when you got a head shaped like bowling ball.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
When I was around 12 the first big box type store opened in our area. My dad went for the grand opening. He came back with a sack of doughnuts ( made in house ) , a Buffalo Scout 22 pistol (19.99) , and a home barber kit. I was munching a doughnut on back porch watching the old man pour the clippers to my Bro. When done Bro looked like he had been in napalm attack. It was right there that decided I would not ever look like I needed a hair cut. In 62 it was $1.50 at Union barber and $1 at scabs. I got hair cut appointment Friday. Got staples in my scalp from last week. Think I’ll pull a Clint Eastwood and take my pistol. If he snags a staple it will hurt him more than me.

·
Registered
15,145 Posts
Good morning. It's just after 8 AM. 40 above with 59% humidity. We're going all the way to 58 later today. High wind warning on the Northern Plains, rain and gusts 30-35 MPH starting at suppertime through tomorrow. Better tie it all down. I'm heading up to the range to shoot high power rifle. It's appropriate.

Have a great day. Please be careful.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
You need a loaf of home made bread to go with that soup!

Padraig

Cornbread is what I'll have tonite. I have a loaf of sourdough in the freezer.

Next time I'll make lamb stew and soda bread though.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Lamb stew and soda bread. Nothing better. You do need Kerry Gold butter for the bread IMO. I can bring the butter. LOL

Padraig

Kerry Gold is the only real butter we use. I sometimes do soda bread bowls and put the stew right in them.

Here's one with tater soup in it.

ddaec9d7498fed5cd63d5411f38ba832.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,838 Posts
A late Good morning............

22 degrees in CT at 0630, with gray skies............
Staples are out, and a haircut is next..............
All this talk of stews, soups and Wahl self haircuts has me thinking............
I hope you all have a great day..........

Tom

·
Super Moderator
5,197 Posts
A late Good morning............

22 degrees in CT at 0630, with gray skies............
Staples are out, and a haircut is next..............
All this talk of stews, soups and Wahl self haircuts has me thinking............
I hope you all have a great day..........

Tom
Before my 2016 major unpleasantness, in January of 2015 I had similar emergency gut surgery (strange alien cyst growing right beside my appendix that created quite the infection). Supposed to have been with the laprascopy tools but when I woke up about 4 hours later they had ended up opening me up from belly button to almost sternum. They took out 8 inches of small intestine and 3-4 inches of large intestine in order to get the cyst, appendix and all the infected parts. I can assure you that my method of "self haircut" wouldn't work for two to three weeks after that bit of fun. I sit in a chair and bend over so as to buzz all the possum fuzz onto the floor, instead of on me. The brain thing in 2016 resulted in a hole at the base of my skull (first trip to correct a shorted out cranial nerve) and a hole in front (second emergency surgery less than 12 hours after getting home from the first surgery) to mop up a brain bleed and blood clot. Good thing I had done a real close buzz before that first surgery because I couldn't even think about buzzing the fuzz for about 6 weeks.

If you're considering the self service buzz thing, just don't "bust a gut" in the process. :)

jd

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I hate soup. If’n I can’t eat it with a fork I don’t want it. That’s how I make stew, beans and Chili. All with Corn bread and real butter.

If you crumble enough cornbread into your soup you can eat it with a fork...or a table knife.

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
A few years ago I put up temporary light strings for a big outdoor party. I finished morning of party and guy asked me if I wanted to make some extra money. He wanted me to dress 4 lambs. I told him I never dressed any sheep. Guys that were suppose to do it didn’t show up. So owner said he would start me on one if I wanted to do it. He made small slit behind leg and put hose in and turned water on. Water went between hide and meat, blowing lamb up like on a cartoon. It worked though. Sheep are made for shirts.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I hate soup. If’n I can’t eat it with a fork I don’t want it. That’s how I make stew, beans and Chili. All with Corn bread and real butter.
LOL I am the same way. I actually add a can of beans to my Campbell's "Chunky" to thicken it up. When I eat chili...I add so much cheese and oyster crackers, that you can indeed eat it with a fork. I hate watery soup or anything else!

·
Registered
19,997 Posts
A few years ago I put up temporary light strings for a big outdoor party. I finished morning of party and guy asked me if I wanted to make some extra money. He wanted me to dress 4 lambs. I told him I never dressed any sheep. Guys that were suppose to do it didn’t show up. So owner said he would start me on one if I wanted to do it. He made small slit behind leg and put hose in and turned water on. Water went between hide and meat, blowing lamb up like on a cartoon. It worked though. Sheep are made for shirts.
Hmmm...more than a few jokes in that one! Hopefully none like robs "crab" parties!😱😁😁😁

11601 - 11620 of 11728 Posts