Marlin Firearms Forum banner

11581 - 11600 of 11728 Posts

·
Registered
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,581
28 degrees this evening still cloudy and now dark. Drying out my tipups from last week.
Mite go again this weekend.
Thursday it's supposed to hit 39 degrees
If it does I'll go to the range.

·
Super Moderator
5,197 Posts
Do what I did. I bought a Wahl Clipper for $24.95 and have been using it to buzz my own hair for a little over a year now. Once a week or so, I run all over my head with a 1/8" guide comb. Gone are the days of getting a $40 haircut every 6-8 weeks and getting mad because they never take enough off.
I've been buzzing my own head since the late '90s with the same Wahl clippers. I had a full head of hair until then .... I always said that when my hairline receded enough to even hint of "comb over" that it was time to go back to the 7 year old type buzz cut. Never regretted it. That did make it easy to just do a full head shave several times when I did it to support folks (including my own Dad) that had to undergo chemo. That was worth it 100%. Also tried to keep the shaved head several times, but found if I didn't shave at least every 3rd day that trying to pull a T-shirt off was like fighting velcro.

Yep, I've saved (actually spent on other things like food, electricity, gas) a couple thousand dollars (+) over the years with those old Wahl clippers. (helps not being vain to begin with)

jd

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Interesting story Mr. Surveyor. It is addictive, isn't it? I can't wait to touch up my head every week. I'm not bald, and wasn't going bald...but when my Niece got her cosmo license and we went to her for haircuts, just for the heck of it I dared her to give me a buzz. I liked it so much, I never went back. I still have a fairly full head of hair, but with it being gray, it actually looks better and i look younger with a buzz. The roots of my hair are dark, so it makes me look younger.

And there's no arguing about the massive amount of money saved. I now wish I had started buzzing my own hair decades ago.

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Good morning all. 22 degrees this morning. Have a good day.

Another Wahl user here. I use zero on sides and a 1 on top. Makes it easier to deal with ticks. I wear a hat but those bastards still find their way to my scalp. Best part of a cold winter, no ticks.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
39°F (4°C) and partly sunny today in southern New Hampshire. Really enjoying these mild temperatures for this time of year.
Hope you all have a happy hump day!

·
Registered
31,275 Posts
morning......................

38° currently
upper 50's for the high
91% humidity
BP at 30.13 ↓
zero breeze currently, should be from the south once the sun shows it's face..........! More rain and coldness for us?

Well my reloading experence is expanding with 9mm..........

Hump-Day.......

ca'jun56

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
It is 26 degrees going up to the mid 30s. Partial sun and will be breezy this afternoon. Having my coffee and then heading to the gym forva work out. Us old farts need to keep moving. Received a notice that 65 year and folders will be getting the vaccine in NY although a friend in a pharmacy tells me it will likely be three weeks before I can get in.

You all have a wonderful day.

Padraig

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
29 on the coast. Partly sunny, high of 36, light NW winds.

I convinced my wife to do my hair with the onset of covid. I made it easy for her by using a 3 all around.

Off to work, have a good day.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
24*>51* and sunny. I'm gonna cook today and root through some stored reloading dies and bullets to see what I have on hand. If ya'll see any powder on the web let me know. For 308 and 9mm. A big old can of Varget wouldn't go amiss.

Good morning to you.
JC_coffee.gif

untitled2.png

·
Super Moderator
15,616 Posts
25* Feels Like 18°
7:26 am
4:39 pm
High / Low
36°/25°
Wind SW
6 mph
Humidity
88%
Dew Point
22°
Pressure
29.83 in falling
Great weather for Wisconsin this time of year, should be into a lot of snow and cold, very mild so far, but sooner or later it'll get here. OH they say the sun will make an appearance today....that sucker hasn't been seen in 12 days!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
My one daughters mother in law has a beauty shop and I had her cut my hair for the daughters wedding as they seemed to think it should be professionally done. My wife has been cutting my hair for years now, just not a buzz. Does save money now. Next week looks like it may start returning to more seasonal weather, nothing wild. Hopefully winters getting along now. 36* predicted for today with sneaux for the next two days starting tonight.

DEP

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
22 at 7:30am, 41 hi today no snow at 80% humidity. Going to sort out ammo today. The factory ammo that I will never use. I’m going to deal it to FFL. Also have a guy bringing up M12 Win he wants to trade or sell.
B1877214-19FD-4180-A309-E9C5DDA8CEEF.jpeg

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
36 going to 39 and gloomy. Thank you cajun for the pic! Been a Wahl user since '98, number 2's for me. 23 years of not paying for haircuts translates into a lot of guns,bullets,beer and food! Just my take,certainly didn't effect my boyish good looks! Have a great day all!

11581 - 11600 of 11728 Posts