Marlin Firearms Forum banner

10201 - 10220 of 10356 Posts

·
Registered
14,583 Posts
Good morning! It's 33 above with 64% humidity. Cloudy and cool, they're predicting 1% precipitation. We'll be topping out at 50 after noontime. Gathering tinder and pine bark today for fire starters, then shooting tin cans. Open schedule.

I got body aches, no appetite, and puked last night. I got something, kind of light headed with mild stomach ache. I never throw up, got an iron gut. Looks like I'm quarantining myself for a while. Not sure if it's the Sweet and Sour Chinese sniffles, but it's a definite stomach disturbance. Going to ask the neighbor lady to leave a gallon of milk on my deck, gotta have milk for coffee. Best not to have any direct human contact. It's a good thing I cut all that firewood, beautifully warm in here. We'll see what happens, life goes on. That's what I get for going out in public. I'm very careful to sanitize, I even carry my own sanitizer everywhere.

I'm hoping you're all having a quiet Friday. Stay armed, remember your training. Don't forget that smile.

·
Registered
14,583 Posts
Rob,
Prayers! ...............I hope you haven't contracted the CCP virus...........your state is a hot spot, though.........

Tom
Post pictures of the new Husky. Nuthin' better than chainsaw cheesecake. Do you know how to make the final carb adjustments should they be needed? That's the beauty of buying from a Mom and Pop chainsaw dealer, the final adjustments are made at the time of sale. I didn't ring up the sale until after the saw was assembled, all the function checks were made, and the saw was running 100% perfect. We provided the first tankful of gas and bar oil.

Yeah, they say we're a COVID hotspot, but everybody recovers. Fatality rate under .8%, meaning over 99.2% of reported cases recover. Still below the National average. I don't know anybody that died, but I know some survivors. They make a big deal out of us because there's no lockdowns, no mask laws. Our Governor is a strict Constitutionalist and a vocal Trump supporter, so the Media hate her. They like to jab at Kristi every chance they get. Besides, we're so onery, nobody would comply with stupid laws and she knows her people. There ain't many of us, we're an exclusive club, and a tight-knit population. You gotta be tough to live up here in God's Country. Nobody stays for the weather or the wages.

·
Registered
13,755 Posts
40 at 8am, hi today 67, 0 rain at 65% humidity. I think my “fever” has started to back off. I’m not as achey as I was. Head still stuffed up. Wife claims she feels better too. Have to stay home till Dec 2 then get tested again.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
53 degrees going to 58, feels more like spring then winter! Tried to start the portable generator yesterday and no go. Pulled the plug and it looked ok, It had spark and fuel so checked the screens in the exhaust (spark arrestor) and sure enough quite filthy. Pulled them out and it started right up. I have them soaking in some alcohol and will blow them out and reinstall. It is a Champion 2,000 watt inverter generator and it usually runs at low RPM as it mostly just powers a few led lights at camp. I think that is why the screens plug up.

Rob and DRM....take care of yourself, hoping you both get well quickly.
You all have a brilliant day,

Padraig

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
Some numbers to think about. In the US 12,000,000 have had the virus and 258,000 have died. That is including many that were in nursing homes and many others that were very ill already. Attorney Morgan and Morgan is running a commercial that says 400,000. people die every year in the US from medical malpractice. Think about those numbers while people are losing there life savings and jobs over this virus.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Cold morning on the north plains - 19 or 21 - depending on which thermometer I choose to believe. Doubt if it will get above 32 - temp was at 25 an hour ago but now it's dropping again - 23 at noon with a westerly wind at 9 mph - wind chill is 14 - a few flakes falling and a gray overcast.......so much for the weather!
@Drm50 and @rob42049 - praying that both of you get strong and healthy soon. It can be a tough haul !!
I do agree with Rob - choosing to live in our neck of the woods is not about the weather or wages - he just has a few more trees in the Hills.
They claim that if 4 or more people get together in our county there is a greater than 99% chance of getting infected. So If I send my wife away, I guess that reduces my risk significantly ???? Who knows - she might feel the same way!
Well - it's come down to the last 2 days of the 2020 deer season and crossing my fingers that my youngest son and I will finally have a chance to sneak off and fill our buck tags - any antlered deer - so will it be a muley or a whitetail? We shall see.
Here's to a great weekend!
Kermit

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
I hope you sick people get better quickly.

@rob42049 I hate puking. More than almost anything else. I've refused morphine 3 times because pain is better than vomiting.

·
Registered
14,583 Posts
Almost sunset. Slept all afternoon. Held down scrambled eggs and boiled taters at lunch. Pretty dizzy and lightheaded, sore throat, body aches all over. Blood pressure 136/67. Temp elevated slightly. Not that big a deal, I should be good to go in a few days. Going to try a light supper.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I hope Mr and Mrs Drm50 are feeling better. It's looking up here. Keep your powder dry.

·
Premium Member
4,335 Posts
43 degrees to start the morning, not bad at all. Opening day here, going out shortly. Then the day belongs to my wife, 48th anniversary today, I think she's a keeper! You all have a great day.

·
Registered
19,857 Posts
Rob and DRM...take care of yourselves! As mom says...this too shall pass!
John, congrats on the anniversary! 48 is definitely an accomplishment!

73-79 here today with NOOO precipitation! Whooo hooo! Guns are packed and ready to hit the range after a cup or two of coffee! Gotta get there early in order to beat the rush! This China virus still has the range at Half capacity and if'n you don't get there early, you can sit for a couple hours waitin'! Have a blessed day folks!

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
39 and partly cloudy on the coast. It should warm to 50 today with NW winds at 10.

The covid is beginning to rage here in Maine. My wife and I made the sad decision to cancel the big family thanksgiving. We are having a smaller one with out kids instead. We need to keep my MIL fairly sequestered due to her age. That has me questioning what is life if you cannot live it.

@JohnD13 congrats on your 48th anniversary. Good to see @Drm50 and @rob42049 improving. I pray that the recovery continues for all of out MO family.

·
Premium Member
10,761 Posts
A warm 37 degrees w/ 74% humidity in CT at 0600..................
I'm working the range today, and I hope to stay OUTSIDE all day...........
Covid numbers are climbing in CT, now..........All bad things seem move west to east.......
Good to hear Rob and Drm are feeling better............
@JohnD13, Happy Anniversary...........
You all have a Safe Saturday.

Tom

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
It is 65 this morning at 8am. Should reach a high around 75 this afternoon. Nice day all around. I may go out to the garden area and shoot some this afternoon. The snowbirds flock down here for this weather. The new ones do get a little disjointed and confused some years when it gets into the high 80's on Christmas day. :D

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
65* and low clouds/fog. Chance of rain.
didn’t hunt this morning because my buddy was in the ER till almost two in the morning.
she passed out and was convulsing. All is well now and she is home resting. Contemplating not going because she can’t. It does give me a reason to watch the LSU vs Arkansas game. Geaux Tigers.

·
Super Moderator
15,495 Posts
25* Feels Like 21°
6:57 am Sunrise
4:22 pm Sunset
High / Low
41°/28°
Wind West
3 mph
Humidity
79%
Dew Point
20°
Pressure
30.58 in rising
Length of Visible Light
10 h 28 m
Length of Day
9 h 25 m
Tomorrow will be 1 minutes 58 seconds shorter

·
Registered
30,291 Posts
morning.......................

slept in this morning........!

59° currently
80's for the high
95% humidity
BP at 30.33 ↑
Breeze from the east at 7 mph

Mom decided to go ahead with our Thanksgiven get together as allways............! The hell with our Governor as she said!

@JohnD13
Congrats on you and wifes 48th anniversary.

@rob42049
Hope your feeling better today!

ca'jun56

10201 - 10220 of 10356 Posts