Marlin Firearms Forum banner

9181 - 9200 of 9458 Posts

·
Registered
14,370 Posts
It's 45 above with 81% humidity. This is the high for the day, steadily falling temps, rain and snow mix, and a cool 10 MPH wind predicted. 22 above by sunrise tomorrow only going to 36. Looks like a Winter incursion for a few days. It'll warm up again. Toasty warm in the living room, thermometer says 80. All that work, all that wood is paying off. I'm having coffee and catching up on current events. No pressing chores, woodcutting on hold, heading in to Walgreens to fill a scrip.

In 1970, I got married. When it was time for everyone to sign the certificate, there was no table nearby. Somebody produced a copy of Magical Mystery Tour, and the Preacher, she and I signed using the album for a flat surface. It's Goo goo g' joob according to the lyrics written by Lennon.

Have a pleasant Saturday.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Cold , cold morning on the north plains - 18 this morning and 32 now with slight winds out of the northwest. But there was light snow, sleet and rain through much of the night and snow flurries are continuing this morning. About an inch of cover on the ground this morning. Yuck! I did manage to get most of the outside work done yesterday and had a small fire last night to burn off some debris before the rain started. It looks like the snow will be here to stay - long range forecast is for cold and snow over the next week. Maybe I can catch up on indoor tasks today. . .
Wanted to have the grandkids over to enjoy the bonfire but it turns out my grandson had stayed home from school with cold / flu symptoms. Hope he doesn't have Covid - lot of that is floating through the schools right now. Governor put some gathering limits in place but the schools are continuing with normal operations for now. However, for a small state we are really cranking up the rates of this illness!
@cajun56 - So sorry for your mom's injuries! Definitely praying for her recovery. Loss of sight is very difficult for elderly folks not to mention the healing process. I trust she will gain strength.
@Tomray - Sorry for the loss of your Aunt. Prayers for comfort for your family.
@northmn - MN is an interesting state - politically - not sure why, where, or how they got my cell phone number but, I have been getting text messages from the MN Dems for the last 2 weeks reminding me that I need to vote - early - and to remember the terrible cost of getting Mr. Trump re-elected!!! I wonder if they will deliver my request for the MN mail-in ballot to my address in ND?? Hmmmm - especially since I have already voted absentee in ND!

Have a restful weekend!!!!
Kermit

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Timrekah, I get so much garbage on my cell phone anymore that I don't answer unless its my contacts. No text messages though. Like you its too late anyway, already voted. We have long wondered if the State would not be better served if it were N and S MN like the Dakotas. Get South of Brainerd and you have a whole different political atmosphere. I really doubt if Omar would get elected in the Northern district. I cannot vote for or against many of the candidates that advertise. Avoid the Twin Cities as much as possible.

DEP

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
@cajun56 Hope your mom has a fast recovery. My Mom is in her 80’s and has taken a few falls as well, looked like she went 5 rounds with Mike Tyson. She was lucky and had no long term damage.

@Tomray I’m sorry you lost your Auntie, May she Rest In Peace.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Just came in from taking the dog out. A crisp 39°F (4°C) in New Hampshire, the night sky is very clear. Mars is rising in the eastern sky and is very bright, closest it’s going to be to us for the next 15 years. It will track across the night sky and set in the west by morning.

Got just over half the deck down now. Rained most of the morning, didn’t get out there until noon time. Full day tomorrow, supposed to be sunny and clear.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
A "crisp" 18* out. A bit of snow on the ground now. Maybe a couple of inches. It had melted a bit yesterday after it was finished. Was not that cold when it was snowing. Won't leave much today as it is only supposed to get to 33 for a high. Grandson got exposed to COVID and is now sequestered at home. Exposed, and has not come down with it. Means he cannot play football anymore this year as the season is pretty much winding down for kids his age. He loves football so its too bad. Green Bay Packers fan in Vikings country. I kind of like him for that as I don't support the Vikings either.
Supposed to have a lunch with some of the family today to do maintenance on MIL's house. Daughter and SIL will be there.

DEP

·
Registered
29,909 Posts
morning...................

63° with a high of 85° humidity is 97%, zero chance of rain today.

Thanks to all for your concern on my mom! I take the best care of her as I can, she does have the hard head, beliving she is bullet-proof! How do you convince someone their to old to live along anymore! My youngest sister would take her in a heartbeat! She refuses!
@Tomray Sorry for your lost of a aunt........!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
Marlin 1894 in .44 mag
119 Posts
Morning everyone.
It is now 36 but I guess it "feels like" 26
Possible high of 44 and a projected low of 31 tonight
Relative humidity is at 86%
Dew point 30 degrees
There was supposed to have been some precipitation over night but it's still too dark here at 0624 central time

northern: I was born in MN but was raised in NE. I am not a Viking fan either. I must say that I am not a Packer fan as well.

·
Registered
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,195
A great Iditarod bike ride this morning
Heavy frost on the field's, never seen so much traffic on a Sunday morning, I thought it was Monday people going to work. Nice sunup, one bunny rabbit, no deer, my neighbor got a bear late yesterday with the bow, first time he has seen one in the wild. He's having a full mount done, he's excited.
20201018_070156.jpg
20201018_070143.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,413 Posts
41* Feels Like 36°
7:13 am Sunrise
6:04 pm Sunset
High / Low
43°/28°
Wind NW
7 mph
Humidity
76%
Dew Point
33°
Pressure
30.06 in rising
radar showing rain, but clearing by late afternoon, high of 44* low tonight 20s.
Enjoy your Sunday!

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
30 and frosty as all get out on the coast. Sunny with a high of 58 and winds SW 10- 15. It should be a fine Sunday.

Worked from 10 to 2:30 last night. I am still a little sleepy.
@Tomray - condolences for the loss of your aunt.
@cajun56 - I hope your mom is feeling better.

The kid left me his Focus RS for the weekend. He needed our grocery getter for some band stuff. Took a couple of quick rides while doing errands. :) I did get a bunch of my messes in my work area cleaned up a well as the annual boiler and burner cleaning.

Have a fine Sunday!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts

Thanks to all for your concern on my mom! I take the best care of her as I can, she does have the hard head, beliving she is bullet-proof! How do you convince someone their to old to live along anymore! My youngest sister would take her in a heartbeat! She refuses!

ca'jun56
Hospital Social Worker strongly recommended that my father be put in an assisted living home. Both my wife and i worked. It was for the best but darn expensive. The independence gets more important as we age. I lived 50 miles away from my father and was an only child. The home placement was very close by. I had power of attorney and at one point let his drivers license lapse as he had no business to be on the road anymore. Those things get tough, but we have to decide. I remember when working for the city, the city owned ambulance had a collision with a car. No one was injured. Police Chief reported to me that the 90 year old driving the car admitted he heard the siren and saw the lights but thought he could beat it getting across the streets. The chief pulled his license. His son fought that but it never took. That is a big loss of independence. My MIL lives alone now and it is better that my wife spends every other day with her. As long as she can do things for herself it is important to let her. She is in her 90s.
Those things take a lot of juggling. Best wishes.

DEP

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
46 degrees going to 57 and a slight chance of rain. Hoping for good weather next Sunday and Monday. My Irish Wolfhound Club is having a Specialty Show outside near Matamoras Pennsylvania. Matamoras is in the Poconos where New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania come together. It is a very pretty area and there are 104 Irish Wolfhounds entered included are two of mine. It should be interesting with all the Covid rules.

Loaded my first 45/70 rounds yesterday. Just loaded 10 and now need to go to range and see how they shoot. No problems loading, just like loading overgrown .45acp.

You all have a nice Sunday,

Padraig

·
Registered
Marlin 1894 in .44 mag
119 Posts

ca'jun56
My father lived a lone after my mother passed. He refused to go to assisted living at the age of 95. The deal breaker was when I called him (I was an OTR trucker) on Christmas Eve and he did not answer. I called him again on Christmas morning and still no answer. I called my older brother who lived about fifty-miles from him. He went to check on him and found him laying on the floor but alive. He spent Christmas Eve on the living room floor, unable to get up. We put him in assisted living but he passed not long after. It's a tough decision.

9181 - 9200 of 9458 Posts