Marlin Firearms Forum banner

9161 - 9180 of 9458 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,687 Posts
3 degrees and 79% humidity in CT at 0600...........Dark and wet!
An early rise for a trip to Williamstown Ma; to lay my Aunt to rest........Its raining, so it's a lousy day for such a task, too...........
Social distancing and masks will only be a needed nuisance, too.....................
You all have a good day...............

Tom

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
My daughter is a RN at the local hospital. They had a small Trump rally at the airport when he stopped by. Folks came from quite a distance to attend. The COVID wards are now filled up with people over 60. She was so impressed by the event that she took advantage of the early vote in MN and voted for Biden.
Winter weather advisory out now and expected snow accumulations of up to 3 inches. Will not melt off very fast as the predictions are for temps in the mid 30's. Later in the 10 day projections only a high of 29.

DEP

·
Super Moderator
15,413 Posts
35* Feels Like 28°
7:11 am
6:06 pm
High / Low
57°/36°
Wind South
9 mph
Humidity
79%
Dew Point
29°
Pressure
30.10 in. rising
Radar is showing......snow, waaaaay to early for that!

·
Registered
29,908 Posts
morning.................

54° this morning, with a high of 78°, 75% humidity this morning, no chance of rain or snow...........!

Mom had a tumble on her side deck, fell down face first and sprained her left hand while trying to brace herself, she is a lefty! Now don't let the picture scare you. This was yesterday at home after the therapist left. Mom will be 88 years young on Dec. 1st. Now she is blind in her right eye.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
42 and steady rain on the coast, Dew point 43, and winds NW at 15. The front should pass by in a few hours or so with sun by afternoon. The streets will be slick with with leaves,

@Mr Fixit I see sneaux not too far away too!

·
Registered
Marlin 1894 in .44 mag
119 Posts
Morning everyone
Currently 52 degrees at 0703 hrs
A high of 70 is in store with a projected low of 36
Relative humidity at 42%
Dew point at 28 percent
Winds are out of the southwest at 18 mph
Last day of warm weather here in Crete, NE

·
Registered
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,175
Ca' jun56 hope for a speedy recovery for your mom.
Had nice ride, a little late this morning, no deer one kitty cat hunting this morning ,in the field, he must have a field permit.
20201017_074607.jpg
20201017_074607.jpg

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Cajun, while your mother looks a little beat up, falls for people her age can be very serious. When I was on the volunteer ambulance we had very numerous calls for older people with broken hips. Based on their claims, I am convinced that the hip broke and then they fell. My mother in law fell and my wife ahs been spending every other day at her home to care for her. Was not a broken hip so she has recovered but it took a bit of time. Bones get brittle. While a bit painful, I always feel relieved when the injuries do not include broken bones on the elderly, which my children now class me.
Maniac, looked out the window now that it is getting light. The sneaux is here no just coming. aBout an inch on the ground.

DEP

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
morning.................

54° this morning, with a high of 78°, 75% humidity this morning, no chance of rain or snow...........!

Mom had a tumble on her side deck, fell down face first and sprained her left hand while trying to brace herself, she is a lefty! Now don't let the picture scare you. This was yesterday at home after the therapist left. Mom will be 88 years young on Dec. 1st. Now she is blind in her right eye.

View attachment 826893

ca'jun56
Tell Mom we're praying for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
13,647 Posts
35 at 6am, hi 54, 0%rain at 80% humidity. Maybe headed back to Trade Days. Crowd should be even bigger today. Me and Bro always do best selling on Sat. On Sunday it’s officially over at 4pm but the vendors start wrapping it up after lunch. They are more likely to come down to reasonable price. I’m taking a bunch of low end 22s & 410s with me today. They go well with general public. I love to scuff the “dealers” who come in from up north. Me and Bro wear work clothes, act like we don’t know squat (50% true in Bro’s case) and we separate.

The funniest thing that happened to me was at this event a few years back. Me and Bro had 3 Rem M11 shot guns in various states of repair. We built one very nice one and one righteous shooter. This left us with worst parts. Cracked wood, pitted metal, ect. Bro used body putty on wood and I buffed out metal. Bro and nephew air brushed it camo. Gun really looked nice and bore was like a new dime.
Because of work me and Bro couldn’t go together. Bro went first and I didn’t get a chance to talk to him before I went. Was walking along when I came to guy with big travel trailer and big prices on his guns. There was the Camo M11 in middle of his display. He sees me looking at it and comes off his stool to tell me I had hell of a eye for a good gun. He proceeded to tell me he was selling the m11 for an uncle. Then story about how many squirrel and rabbits uncle shot with that gun. I couldn’t help myself, I said buddy I just built that gun last week. I walked away and was looking at guns on another table when the guy tapped me on the shoulder. He said, buddy does that gun shoot? Us rubes just love to get pruned by the big time dealers that know everything.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Here on Chautauqua Lake it is a chilly 29 degrees going up to a sunny 54. The hound enjoy these cool mornings but I am waiting a bit for our long walk or maybe run today. I have Raynauds Syndrome and my fingers and toes do not enjoy the cold.

Later today I will be picking up a a Dillon primer magazine from my friend. He has his 650 set up strictly for 5.56 so never uses his large rifle magazine so I can keep his till Dillon delivers mine. Will have finished rounds today...Oh boy!

Tomray, sorry about the loss of your Aunt.

Cajun, hope your Mom feels better and heals quickly.

Vooch, are you sure Goo goo ga joo is spelled correctly?

Padraig

9161 - 9180 of 9458 Posts