Marlin Firearms Forum banner

8501 - 8514 of 8514 Posts

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Golphin, is your State going to the newer drivers licenses as they did in MN. I went through that rigmarole you mentioned as many states have switched. I can use my new license for boarding planes and I believe crossing into Canada now. As I do not do those things regularly, its kind of a empty feature.

Grass is kind of crusty but there is no ice on the buckets outside. Thermometer says its freezing at 32*. Wood fire feels pretty good now. Supposed to warm up to 59* today.

DEP

·
Registered
14,036 Posts
Good morning. Still dark here. It's a beautiful 48 above with 78% humidity, a little damp. We're going into the mid-70's later today, weatherman says high 80's tomorrow. My peppers are finishing out, the sun is so low that the leaves went pale. Life on the Plains. I'm going to do light firewood chores while it's still cool out, clean up, and rest the old body for a few days.

Have a pleasant Friday.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
A pleasant Friday indeed. 20c, sunny and the scope worked fine. Better than fine, zerod in two shots. Having made a final ajustment through the bore, the first shot printed 4" high, 4" left, at 100yds. Dialed it in, and the second round was on the money. Bench with a bipod, so not much skill required, but the scope did its job. BTW, I did confirm with a three round group, so maybe five rounds really.

·
Registered
13,426 Posts
44 at 6am, hi 66 with 10% rain and 82% humidity. Didn’t make it to Cabelas yesterday. I only have $125 worth of Gift cards this time anyway. I only go there every year or so to cash in cards. Last time I went I bought nothing but gun powder. Don’t know there powder situation but will probably do it again.

·
Premium Member
10,710 Posts
Golphin, is your State going to the newer drivers licenses as they did in MN. I went through that rigmarole you mentioned as many states have switched. I can use my new license for boarding planes and I believe crossing into Canada now. As I do not do those things regularly, its kind of a empty feature.

Grass is kind of crusty but there is no ice on the buckets outside. Thermometer says its freezing at 32*. Wood fire feels pretty good now. Supposed to warm up to 59* today.

DEP
I don't think our license is the enhanced version that lets you do that. Not sure what the difference is but have not seen where a Florida license will work,

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I live just East of Orlando and West of Daytona beach. Lots of weather on the West side of the state but as of yet nothing serious here. Except for rain of which we are getting our share.
Today, sunny/cloudy. Temp at the moment, 80 degrees with a little breeze.
For my Bass fishing friends. The level of the St John`s is higher at the moment with a current to match.
Fished a lake fed by the river yesterday with one of my sons. It has a fair amount of cover. Mostly pads/open water.
Only thing that got any action was the Zoom floaters. The action I`m talking about netted us 4 bass.
As the wind got up we pulled the plug around 10:45. and headed back to the ramp.
Week days little or no traffic . The only days to fish.

·
Registered
29,498 Posts
Evening.......................
road trip was good, 85° this afternoon, didn't take any pictures like I should have! Had to take door of machine due to 28" doors! Needed 36" doors! Had to back trailer to raised cement right to door to get machine on trailer then put machine all back together for the ride back home! Two full hours it took for that! In Baton Rouge where Susan is baby sitting two "pugs"! Now to load a china hutch "used" she bought to bring home also!
It's suppose to be 66° in morning........................!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Good evening everybody. Had a good week this week, nearly finished one job but had a couple of setbacks. One of my helpers was having some issues with blood pressure and had to take a couple of days off. Will probably go in tomorrow and finish up wiring a control panel so that is done and give me Monday to complete the cameras on the outside of the building. Been limping around myself this week, steel toed boots aggravated an ingrown toe nail and I managed some field surgery to remove it, that HURT! Anyway it's gone and it does feel better, just finished soaking in a pan of hot water and epson salt.

Hope yall have a good night and weekend.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Today just flew by - got warm this afternoon - 78 - but tolerable. Managed to finish a small rock area for my wife to expand her flower plantings-took the whole afternoon and into the evening. Pretty smokey and hazy much of the day - still makes for interesting sunsets.

Schools are starting to have outbreaks of the Covid virus - prep football continues on, tho. 🤔
Several schools have shut the doors as of today - supposedly for the rest of the month - maybe longer.
Still no improvement for my good friend who is in a coma from Covid. . . . I pray God grants him strength to make it through this ordeal and back to restored health. The prayers offered on his behalf are much appreciated.
Have a great weekend to all - Kermit

Reactions: tranteruk

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Saurday morning, and later, at 08.30 my first free flu shot. I have always paid, our health service only providess freebees for those who manage a certain age. This now inlcudes me. In a month and a half, I also get a bus pass. Free bus travel anywhere in the UK. Havent used a bus in a long time but hey, wont say no.

Weather, much cooler and I like that a lot. Sleeping better in the cold. Done hot in my time, no like.

8501 - 8514 of 8514 Posts