Marlin Firearms Forum banner

8461 - 8480 of 8537 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,603 Posts
@Tomray I wonder if that guy has any idea of the possible consequences of leaving firearms lying somewhere unattended, for himself and others. When my wife started carrying we had a long discussion about that. Perhaps someone should have that talk with this young man. Personally I think he should be told that if he does that again his membership fees will be refunded and he will be banned from the range.

He could then call everyone a Fudd and storm off. 😈
Krusty,
It sounded like he never considered any consequences...........I wouldn't be the one to have that talk with him, cuz people his age don't listen to people my age, anyway.......
I don't believe he has a membership, not many do......only serious shooters have them......It's a public range, so most shooters just pay the daily fee...........
From what I heard from the manager, he was pretty nonchalant about the whole thing.............just said he'd pick them up sometime today.
Speaking for myself, I NEVER leave any firearms un attended...........Anywhere.
I'll try to get more info on the "return" on next Tuesday..............

Tom

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
@Tomray you never know what you will see at the range with the younger folks. I had a millennial do the complete opposite by trying to take his AR down range with him. He was afraid that somebody might steal his gun off of the line. We reviewed the range rules again and I assured him that nobody would even think of stealing his gun while he was replacing his targets with me standing there making sure everything stayed safe for the downrange folks.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Sunny, warm and clear, while noisy this morning. Back on the range.

Scope trouble on one of my long guns. The scope is supposed to be a fair quality, a Nikko Stirling Ultimax. However, the adjusters just dont seem to work right. Its not so much that it looses zero, it just refuses to move right. Neat group, click down four inches and another neat group, in the same place as before! Took it off, and will replace. On firearms I cannot tolorate faulty performance.

·
Registered
29,503 Posts
88° and breeze blowing from the NE at 10 mph. Tomorrow is going to be a good day! Contractors showing up at 7:00 am to start my roof! Having a metal roof put on before my shingles go by the way of the Do-Do bird! lol!

Next project after this is a home generator running off natural gas......!
It's only money and I can't take it with me.

ca'jun56

·
Super Moderator
4,924 Posts
88° and breeze blowing from the NE at 10 mph. Tomorrow is going to be a good day! Contractors showing up at 7:00 am to start my roof! Having a mtal roof put on before my shingles go by the way of the Do-Do bird! lol!
View attachment 824606

Next project after this is a home generator running off natural gas......!
It's only money and I can't take it with me.

ca'jun56
price for the metal roof?

jd

·
Registered
727 Posts
Trying to catch up with all of you after a few whirlwind days.
Weather is pretty mild and definitely fall in the air - 63 for a high today. Sky is still hazy and yesterday was miserable as the smoke from the western fires was being pushed down towards the ground. I'd post pics of what our view of the sun looks like but you can all guess!

Have a very close friend in the ICU clinging to life due to Covid. Devastating! His wife is at home with the same issue. She can't go to the hospital to see him . . . have 2 other friends ill with the virus now as well as an outbreak at one of the schools where I work. . . . Daughter in law has recovered from her bout with the virus, but son and family are still in quarantine. So far, my wife and I have been fortunate to avoid this bug..
@Tomray - seeing the pic of the MGB reminded me of my nephew's - he had a red one identical to Mary Ellen's - until a guy with a lifted Ford F350 put his truck in reverse and backed out of his parking space and put a nice crease right up the middle of the hood and through the windshield with his hitch drawbar! Whole front end was kaput!

@cajun56 - not sure what kind of metal rood you are going with but we put metal inter-locking shakes on our house 3 years ago - best investment we ever made for our home! Cost us $13 grand more than a shingle roof but has been through multiple hail and wind storms without damage. Not only did it cut our insurance by 18% - but after this summer's hail storms, ours was the only house in the neighborhood that didn't need to have the roof replaced! Guaranteed - 2&1/2" hail resilience and 70 mph impact (if I recall the numbers)

Praying for folks in the path of Sally - stay safe!

·
Registered
29,503 Posts
@Timrekah1
That interlocking roof you installed is the best! 16' long sheets of 26 ga metal is what I'm having installed. 50 year warranty on roof the contractor said!

Box has all the valley sheet metal and all the trim work and capping.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
727 Posts
@cajun56 - Yup! 50 year warranty - stone-coated 26 gauge! It's the bomb!! Looks like regular shingles from the street. Most folks don't believe it's a metal roof. I'm pretty certain you will be happy. You've probably done this, but be sure to let your homeowner"s insurance know-we saved a ton of money on premiums.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
It is 43 degrees and and about an hour and a half to sunrise. Looks like a good day to be outside., 72 for a high temperature. Oldest kid's birthday this evening, that 45 years sure went fast. Enjoy the day folks.

·
Registered
29,503 Posts
Morning............

72° and 93% humidity, high for today is only 87°, BP at 29.84" steady, zero rain today. Good day for the contractors to work. The gulf of mexico has a low down by mexico if it forms into a TS it will be the last named storm, then going to greek names.

Prayers sent to the people in Sallys path.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
55 on the coast. Expecting a sunny morning with increasing clouds with a high in the mid 70's. We have a chance of showers this evening. I hoping we get some actual rain.

@cajun56 good move on the metal roof. I am thinking of going that route when my roof needs replacement. It is going on 28 years now but still looks good. @Timrekah1 are the metal shake roofs good at stopping ice dams?

·
Premium Member
10,603 Posts
53 degrees with 82% humidity in CT at 0630.............It actually feels warm!
Range day today with the Thursday morning group.............
Mary Ellen is having a little Lobster gathering tonight..........probably the last time this year?..........
NAH!........She's nutz about Lobsters!
We had an enjoyable lunch at the ELKS on the shore, but it was breezy and cool on the deck..........
You all have a great day...........

Tom

·
Super Moderator
15,336 Posts
Feels Like 53°, High / Low 62°/44°m NW Wind 2 mph, Humidity 84%, Dew Point 48°, Pressure 30.17 in. rising
Sunrise 6:36 am Sunset 6:59 pm

·
Registered
29,503 Posts
Wow! Contractors was here before 7:00 am! Told me they will be finish late Friday!
Want see the finish work till Saturday when I get back from Miss.

ca'jun56

8461 - 8480 of 8537 Posts