Marlin Firearms Forum banner

8441 - 8460 of 8537 Posts

·
Registered
29,503 Posts
@Maineiac
I would be beating down your front door if and only if I had a hurricane with 150+ mph gusts and heading striaght at me! Lol! I'm far from it! Hurricanes to the West of me Hurricanes to the East of me!

84° and a good stiff breeze from the noth today...........!

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,442
Well it looks like nights are going to be a bit nippy, Friday night 39 degrees sat.36 degrees Sunday 36 degrees. Mite have to get mingo's
Sleeping bag out for her, I got her a bull winkle moose sleeping bag, for up to camp.
IMG_0024.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,603 Posts
Nippy at the range ALL day!................about 63 degrees...........
I even turned the heat on in the RSO shack!............
Glad I got the Fleece sheets on the bed this weekend.............
I was watching an ownerless pistol bag on a chair for about 30 minutes........I finally decided someone left it there .
I retrieved it and found a bunch of ammo and tools, and a Glock 17 and a CZ pistol in it..................turned it in to the gun store, and an hour later a Millenial called to see if anyone found a black pistol bag in the parking lot............it wasn't in the parking lot!...........but he said he'll pick it upp tomorrow..............
If I had left MY pistol bag in error, I'd be frantic, but this kid................didn't bother him at all..........

I need a shower and some sleep...............

Tom

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
45 and dahk on the coast. Expecting a dry, but windy day with a high of 70 and SW winds of 25 to 30 kts, seas 4 - 8 feet.

Time to take the AC units out of the windows. We will not be needing them for rest of this year. I will finish off fixing cracks in driveway today. Not fun work but it needs to be done every couple of years.

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
Heck, I was frantic when I couldn't find just a magazine from the MKII! Called the range...nope nobody turned one in...kept lookin' and found it had squirmed it's way into a fold in the range bag! Almost made me sick...and it was a SPARE mag! Oh well, that's a millennial for y'a!

80/90 and clear/sunny skies down here today! Supposed to get rain all wekend, so I'll need to get out and get the yard done before then!

Prayers for you folks in the path of Sally! Stay safe!

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
46 but it feels like 47, or so I'm told. The big deal of the day was ordering a couple new recoil springs for te Garand. After yesterday's less than stellar trip to the range, I found the last couple inches of spring at the muzzle end of things broken off. I have replaced the spring several times but this is the first time for being broken. Have a good day everyone.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Most of you have it pretty balmy yet. 51* this morning with frost warnings out over night. Our real leafy plants like squash got hit earlier. Only supposed to be up in the 50's for the next couple of days. This is not really typical weather. Got my stuff together so I can use my range. New carboard on one stand and mowed the range so I don't drown if the grass is wet. Now I need to reload some rough sight in loads for the 6.5CM. LGS was out of about everything and had a real run on the 6.5CM. About all they had was a target load. Been using the Hornady 120 GMX and like them. I even have a box to hunt with but don't want to shoot up to many sighting in. Sometimes I only need a few round sometimes ? The scope works the way it should, measure and count the clicks.

DEP

·
Registered
29,503 Posts
morning.........................

75°→92° 93% humidity now, Northerly breeze at 10 mph this morning, no rain in sight.

road trip Friday to Jackson Miss. and McComb Miss. seems like free machines are waiting on me! Just remove from locations! I love free machines! Warning don't block any roads I travel! Lol!

Prayers for people in the face of Sally.

ca'jun56

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
57*>71* and increasing clouds. Rain starts tonite. Doesn't matter, both lawns cut for the week. Me and the dogs will be stuck in the house for a couple of days.

Good morning all.
JC_coffee.gif

Gbc99ZR.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,603 Posts
42 degrees with 62 % humidity at 0645..........I slept a little late. cuz it was Dahk.............
I can't wait to find out if that "Millenial" says "Thank You", for finding and protecting his pistols and range bag............Somehow, I doubt it............Seems like we're expected to do things like that.............

Today is a lunch outside at the ELKS at the shore with some friends.............Probably should dress for it, though......
I need to start breaking down the plants and window boxes on the Deck for the season, too.........
Covid continues to make the morning news and papers in CT...................

My cousins and I talked about Deer Season in VT for November, and we adopted a "Lets wait and see" attitude, due to the Covid thing.........2020 is shaping up to be a wasted year !................

I'm heading out for a quick 3 mile walk...............You all have a great day............

Tom

·
Super Moderator
15,336 Posts
Feels Like 63°, High / Low 75°/49°, SW Wind 11 mph, Humidity 79%, Dew Point 57°, Pressure 29.91 in. Falling, Sun rise 6:35 am, Sunset 7:01 pm. Cooler today and colder tonight with frost warning for northern Wisconsin, highs in the 50s for the rest of the week.

·
Registered
14,041 Posts
It's a very pleasant 51 with 78% humidity. We're going into the mid-70's today. I'm headed up the road to go cut down a Pine. I was mistaken, it's not near their house, Good. Always nice to have some Pine to mix with all the other firewood, gives the house a natural incense smell.

You boys be careful.

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 8.20.23 PM - Edited.png

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
@Tomray I wonder if that guy has any idea of the possible consequences of leaving firearms lying somewhere unattended, for himself and others. When my wife started carrying we had a long discussion about that. Perhaps someone should have that talk with this young man. Personally I think he should be told that if he does that again his membership fees will be refunded and he will be banned from the range.

He could then call everyone a Fudd and storm off. 😈

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
46 degrees early this AM when I left for the gym. Up to 49 now as I drink another cup of coffee at 9:15. Soon as the temperature comes up a bit will go with the hounds for a walk as yesterday we ran.

Waiting for all my 45-70 reloading stuff to come in. The Lee powder measure, factory crimp die, powder through expander and Dillon conversion kit and spare tool head are all coming from different suppliers. The powder through expander is the only one that has arrived. My Dillon 650 has been lubes and is ready to go.

You all have a brilliant day.

Padraig

8441 - 8460 of 8537 Posts