Marlin Firearms Forum banner

8421 - 8440 of 8537 Posts

·
Registered
14,041 Posts
@rob42049 you do not have creosote issues burning that pine? Most of the pine cut around this area can be found in the dump. You would be in wood heaven if you stopped by the local landfill after a big storm.
I've been burning Ponderosa Pine for almost 50 years. It's the prevalent fuel here. Forest Service estimates for residents burning Pine run into the hundreds of thousands of cords per year. 100% renewable and no damage to the forest at all. No standing trees allowed to be cut on National Forest land and no clearcutting, even on private land. A lot of the Pine burned is blowdowns, pickups, and designated thinning. There's not a whole lot of deciduous forest here. Every year, sometimes more, I inspect the chimney, and clean it if needed. Cottonwood, Poplar, and Aspen especially actually clean the pine tar in the chimney.

It's 88 above at 6 PM, 13% humidity. Hot and dry. Shot my Remlin today, found out by accident it holds 11 .44 Mag cartridges in the magazine. Shoots like a laser beam. A great day off. You just can't say enough good things about a .44 Mag levergun. A serendipitous mating of power, accuracy, and platform.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
41 degrees by the coop thermometer this morning. Almost time to break down the garden for the cold weather, it didn't do much this year.

Vooch, did that spider come to se what the yodeling was all about?

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
37 on the coast. It is wicked dark out. Today's high is supposed to be 63 with haze due to the wild fire smoke.

Seas are 5 to 8 feet due to Paulette.

@cajun56 are you in the path for this latest storm?

·
Premium Member
10,603 Posts
43 degrees with 68% humidity in CT at 0545...............
This is RSO day, and I think it's time to move into long jeans and a sweat shirt, at least for the morning..........
CT has has a $100 penalty for not wearing a mask in public..............I guess I'll be asked to enforce that on the range ?
Yesterday was busy "to do" list day, but I got 10 out of 11 things done...............
I'm NOT liking what I'm hearing about Fall and this virus!..........
Shower is calling.................
You all have an exciting day...........
Tranter............I've been practicing my pirate/cockney accent on Mary Ellen.......................She's about to leave me.......ARRGH, Raise the Jolly Roger, and load the portside cannons!...................LOL!!!

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
60* headed to 71* and mostly sunny...mostly. Rain returning Thursday.
@ Maineiac It's 6:45 and wicked dahk heah too.
dancinguy.gif

Good morning boys.
JC_coffee.gif

image_23108.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,336 Posts
Feels Like 57°, High / Low 78°/63,°, Wind Southwest 9 mph, gusting later to 30 mph, Humidity 87%, Dew Point 54°, Pressure 30.19 in. falling, Sunrise 6:34 am, Sunset 7:03 pm

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
@rob42049 you do not have creosote issues burning that pine? Most of the pine cut around this area can be found in the dump. You would be in wood heaven if you stopped by the local landfill after a big storm.
My place is all hardwoods with a very few pines. I have burned a bit of the stuff. First it should be dry, then it does not creosote so bad. Like Rob says it not bad mixed with hardwoods. You need to let a wood fire really rip regularly to keep down the creosote. Burning wood to throttled down causes a lot of the problem. Best to let the stove roar a bit in the morning.

60* out and windy.

DEP

·
Registered
14,041 Posts
It's 61 and clear in the beautiful Black Hills. We're topping out in the high 80's again, humidity 32%. This is a good time of year on the Northern Plains. The sky is hazy from the ANTIFA fires. I wonder how much it costs to buy Mayors, Prosecutors, Police Admins, Governors, and Federal LE etc etc, to sell out the World's leading industrial power. Somebody has billions, trillions of dollars invested in this takeover attempt. There's lawlessness on an unprecedented scale. What's the endgame? My mind is boggled. Good day to eat 99 cent tacos with super hot homegrown peppers.

Have a nice Taco Tuesday.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Could be, but he didn't say Who.
Just that it was a band from his Generation.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
He did not say Who, but did he say Who's Next? Is he A Quick One?

·
Super Moderator
15,336 Posts
Was a sunny day ...not all that bright though as the pic show, kinda yellowish out and up there, from the smoke coming from N. Dakota

8421 - 8440 of 8537 Posts