Marlin Firearms Forum banner

8301 - 8320 of 12040 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Going to 83°F (28°C) today in southern New Hampshire. Got some morning fog hanging around, should burn off by afternoon. Seas have been running high, 4-7 feet so no fishing this week, been working on the deck anyway, need to get that done!

·
Premium Member
11,230 Posts
Just another hot day today like the ones before, Raining now and cooled it off a bit. I had to go the the local grocery to get the local honey and picked up some fresh and shelled white acre peas and collard greens. Got the house smelling good and reloaded a batch of 450 bushmaster while I cooked. I cooked enough peas the freeze a bunch for when they are out of season. I use to grow my own but to lazy now and don't have a pea sheller so I just pay the high price for shelled ones.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Day on the northern plains started at a very crisp 28! Thankfully we were able to save the peppers and tomatoes for another day's gathering. Made it to 63 - threat of frost is gone for a few days and supposedly going to be in the 80's tomorrow. 3 hours in the clinic today to get caught up on some annual tests and an MRI - again - on my neck from a work injury that happened 16 years ago - went smooth.

@Vooch - I was wondering what that screeching noise was that woke me yesterday morning! Investigation is now concluded. Thanks for confessing - I was experiencing yodeling apnea - took my breath away!

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
65 and clear this morning, mid 70's for the afternoon. I'm trying to come up with a way to get a lot of stone out of the cellar. At one time they were one of the walls, and there are some good size stones down there. The cellar is low, just over 6 feet between the joists, and there's one way out up a 30 inch wide stair which goes outside, lucky there at least. I might put planks down on the stairs and rig a winch up some way. They have to move so we can set up to lift the place and replace sill plates before the snow flies. Have a good day everyone.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
64 and foggy on the coast. We may have chance of rain. We need it.

I had to replace the mercury bulb thermostat on the pool/hot tub heater again. The contacts go bad after a few years. It is a bear when it fails during the winter. You do not have much time before stuff starts freezing up. I bought a new one and decided to put an electronic temperature controller in parallel with it. This allows the thermostat to sit open at a lower set point as a backup without wearing the contacts.

I turned a brass adapter to hold the thermocouple against the wall of the thermowell. Wired it all up and installed yesterday. Works like a charm. You can buy Chinese controllers for $15. I opted for a Japanese version at $46. The normal price is $107 but you get your first order much cheaper.

I keep on hearing some strange yodeling when I plug it in. Looks like the controller is imported by Vooch Manufacturing.

·
Premium Member
10,842 Posts
69 degrees and 71% humidity in CT at 0600..............Much rain is promised, but I wonder if that will be....?
The MG Tech Thank You Lunch was fun. I think they appreciated the sandwich makings and the selection of good craft beers..............We talked MG's, firearms, dogs, Birds and so on..........NO Politics!............the event started at noon, and they all left at 4 pm..........
Mary Ellen also got a "One Time" offer to get her brakes inspected to try to eliminate the squeal.............she better take that offer!
You all have a great day..............
Tom

·
Registered
15,288 Posts
Good morning! 36 above with 55% humidity. We're looking at mid-60's today with clouds. I have a nice fire going, and the coffee's hot. Going to unload wood this morning, whacked up one of those big cottonwood logs yesterday. It's going back into the 60's-70's-80's for the extended ten day forecast, no precip. A beautiful culturally appropriated Indian Summer.

Have a pleasant Thursday.

Picture0910200428_1 - Edited.jpg

·
Registered
31,429 Posts
Morning...........................

@Tomray that squeal is that MG so happy to be on the road again!

75°→95° 99% humidity now! BP is 30.06 ↑, breeze from the East at 6 mph.

Nothing like a hurricane to make prices skyrocket! Contractors are gouging people in the southwest corner of Louisiana!
Cost of a roof doubled overnite! I pray for plenty of room in jail for them!

ca'jun56

·
Super Moderator
15,634 Posts
Dark Thirty and Feels Like 43*, High / Low 58°/43° chilly yesterday with 1.25" rain and wind, Wind NW @ 8 mph, Humidity 89%, Dew Point 44°, Pressure 30.42 in. rising. Sun up 6:28 am, Sunset 7:12 pm

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
69*>78* & 40% chance showers and t'storms again. Supposed to meet the bil and do some shrub/bush trimming today. I guess we'll see. May get wet.

Good morning.
JC_coffee.gif

119092844_3634778153220840_1997691999641164823_o.jpg

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Looking at the split wood in your truck they must be pretty large cotton woods. We have a few around but none on my place. Don't know much about the hardness or length of burn. Our premium wood is oak and some claim Tamarack or what some call Larch is very hot. I burn a lot of aspen, especially this time of year as it is a good quick heat and we have lots of them. That's what the loggers paid me a bit money for.

Up to 40* this morning and clear but a little windy. Been doing my own maintenance and got to a project that has been sitting around a while. Broke an axle on a 4 wheeler trailer a while back and decided to fix it. Problem is that it is made using thin tubular square steel and my welding skills are lacking in technique as I don't do enough of it. Know which rod to use, which says a bit as I have a stick welder an every one likes wire feed now, but I learned on a stick. Any way I think I got it patched to use again. Wheel is now a little off as it was lined up fine but the welding seemed to have warped things a little. Just for hauling stuff around the place so not a big issue. Use an old pickup box trailer for hauling wood now anyway.

DEP

·
Registered
20,032 Posts
78/90 and light rain throughout the day! Hopefully it clears up for the weekend and be able to get some range time in!

·
Registered
15,288 Posts
Looking at the split wood in your truck they must be pretty large cotton woods. We have a few around but none on my place. Don't know much about the hardness or length of burn.

DEP
About like balsa wood.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
One log filled ****** after I whacked and sectioned it. Was worth the work, my back needed a stretch. You homeowners and those cute little hobby saws wouldn't cut it, you'd still be out there. Cottonwood's OK. Beats freezing to death. I can't be too picky, I'll burn anything that keeps it warm in here. There's no furnace, no thermostat in this historic old home.
Picture0910200642_1 - Edited.jpg

·
Registered
14,060 Posts
70 at 8:30, hi 85 with 10% rain and 80% humidity. Had rough night and slept in. Guys coming today to cut up tree tops busted out by last storm. Wife doesn’t want them to cut down main tree yet. 3 locust trees about 24” to 30” and 40’ tall are left but all have her humming bird vine on them. Locust is a #1 fire wood.

8301 - 8320 of 12040 Posts