Marlin Firearms Forum banner

7461 - 7480 of 7495 Posts

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Afternoon - it is 84 an sunning with scattered clouds. RH at 50% with light Westerly winds.

Camping trip was awesome. We cooked and ate some great meals. Spend a better part of the day floating in lake. I was the portable kayak bar servicing the women by keeping their refreshments topped off. Saw a couple of eagles. Watched a mother loon and chick for a time. 4 Loons were around us for most of the day and morning. I wish I had a good camera for photos.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Yep, looks right now like you will get wet and maybe some pretty good wind gust. Where I am West of you we are most likely in for a nasty rainy Sunday based on the projected path. Maybe it will shift East some more. If not the East coast further up starting with SC may get hammered and the NY down the line. Could even wash that Shark off the Maine coast.
This is a tune up for things to come. Unfortunately.

·
Registered
13,111 Posts
My SIL and family just spent a week in Alabama. Left this AM a day early to avoid anything storm may cause. He says he’s coming straight through about 15 hrs he says. I don’t think he has ever done any long range straight through. I have and with both my wife and daughter. He has same mix and I told him he better stay overnight somewhere. Two females snack and pee stops add about 25% to time not counting meals and gas stops. I just hope they don’t drag in any CV19 from Dixie land.

·
Premium Member
10,488 Posts
My SIL and family just spent a week in Alabama. Left this AM a day early to avoid anything storm may cause. He says he’s coming straight through about 15 hrs he says. I don’t think he has ever done any long range straight through. I have and with both my wife and daughter. He has same mix and I told him he better stay overnight somewhere. Two females snack and pee stops add about 25% to time not counting meals and gas stops. I just hope they don’t drag in any CV19 from Dixie land.

Storm is no were close to Alabama so unless he is trying to get home in Florida or the east coast somewhere it will be a non factor.

·
Registered
29,031 Posts
Afternoon.......................
hit 91° this afternoon, real feel is 100+ humidity at 69%! Picked this up today for future sales to be! Thanks for a forklift to load trailer, ca'jun is the forklift to unload! Two more AP snack machines and a surprise, one Royal 282 cold drink machine in great shape!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Temperature today was a comfortable 86°F ( ( 30°C) today in Southern New Hampshire and mostly sunny, low humidity for a change.
I took my son and a friend of mine deep sea fishing for Haddock early this morning.
We got to the dock at 04:30 and were greeted by a beautiful twilight sky with the planet Venus showing brightly above us.

D07E7164-A988-4A3B-8605-2AF2685365EA.jpeg

Loaded up our gear and shoved off by 05:00; the tide was very low so we carefully made our way down the river to the harbor entrance, the morning sky did not disappoint.

DAC53214-4358-412D-A4FB-4D46DD42DA04.jpeg

Once passed the jetty’s we got on the throttle, turned onto our course of South East for the fishing grounds 32 miles out onto the Atlantic.

About 12 miles out the sun decided to poke its head above the horizon.

8066E420-8D84-4149-A014-B17352D4E342.jpeg

About an hour later we arrived on a place called Outer Pigeon Hill. We set up to drift fish and got right onto the fish immediately.

First fish onboard was an Atlantic Cod fish, caught by me. Unfortunately they are protected right now so back to the depths he went.

65444E67-C30E-4090-B3BF-53845E5EA359.jpeg

We ended up with 26 Keeper Haddock for a half day fishing. Caught a few more Cod, a Squid, several Sand Sharks and lots of smaller Haddock.

This is my son with one of his Haddock and another shot of the early catch of the day.

EF65128E-FB60-4A1A-9B4B-C5B8B29CC253.jpeg

6C61AE97-30CB-4FB7-96B5-EADC1BCFAB42.jpeg

My son, his girlfriend and a friend of my wife’s came by tonight for a Haddock dinner served with a side dish of Cajun Corn Maque Choux, recipe provided by our own @cajun56. Thanks Cajun, it was delicious and enjoyed by all. My wife’s friend asked for the recipe. Went great with the fish.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Great pictures Kendawg!
Starting out ar 70, headed to 85 later. Maybe some rain, nothing but clouds overhead right now. You all have a fine Sunday.
Where did this grid come from? Can't seem to delete it.

·
Premium Member
10,521 Posts
70 Degrees here too, with 76 % humidity in CT at 0545.........

Kendawg, Thanks for sharing those pictures. I think you all had a nice day on the water.............

I'm headed to the Pistol range for a few hours this morning, and then later this afternoon, The MGB will be delivered back!...........They insist on delivering it!

I don't have the full story yet, but the problem is said to have been a loose/bad ground on the rotator plate in the distributor........along with a few other issues that got attended to.....................
I was really impressed with the private 3 car garage of our friend from the CT MG Club...........Complete with Heat/AC and a lift..........really a clean comfortable place to do hobby work...........
We are supposed to get some rain later ............that may postpone the delivery, as the MGB is not driven in the rain.......

You all have a great Sunday.............

Tom

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
62 and overcast on the coast. Expecting a high of 80, increasing south winds.

@JohnD13 - I think that is called gridlock.

@Kendawg - great pictures and good times. The "protections" for cod are a bunch of baloney. The down east fishermen are catching a very large amount of cod in traps. They cannot keep them even though they will die. It is the same old government restriction game - restrict fishing to areas that do not have fish, state records record low catch, government responds with more restrictions, and so the cycle goes. That is what they have done with scallops and quahogs too.

@Tomray how long would it have taken you or I to find that bad ground wire?

·
Super Moderator
15,211 Posts
57/75, 63 now 87% humidity, 59* dew point, 2 mph out of the NW. Rain suppose to be here about 11 am and go through the day until 3 am Monday. Have a great Sunday....This is the day the Lord has made.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Nice morning out, little chilly at 56* but one does not an air conditioner on at night to sleep. Tomorrow looks promising for a morning of fishing again. One of the nice things about retirement, you can do things like that if the fancy takes you.

DEP

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Good morning! It's cool and clear, clammy again. 53 above with 90% humidity. We're going into the low 80's. The Rally tourists are filtering in, lots of bikes on the road. I'm going to fire up the Old Lady and cruise around for a few hours, then hit the bars for coffee or cranberry juice. Heating up water to shave, it's a real rigamarole here in semi-primitive village. I hope you're all safe and happy.

Have a nice Sunday.

·
Registered
29,031 Posts
morning.........................
76°>90° humidity is 98% breeze from the NE at 3-5 mph! no rain just plenty of sunshine.............!

@Tomray A loose ground will make you scratch your head for days on end! One broken ground wire on a Chevrolet, and it's hidden will not let it start! It's one of the first things my brother checks when they show up on a flatbed being carried, then moves on!
It's party time!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
70 degrees early this morning. Going to mid 70s with high humidity, rain and possible storms.

Tom, the boat is an 29 foot Velocity VR 1 "Ciggarret" style boat. It has a custom motor built by a great guy in Tennessee. It dynoed at 560 up with out any exhaust or accessories. He could have squeezed more hp out of it but I valued dependability over a few more mph. I'll see if I can post a pic of it running later today.

You all have a good day,

Padraig

·
Registered
669 Posts
Absolutely be-ya-tu-ful morning here in the DFW area! Probably going to the low 90's with low humidity. For us that makes a marvelous day!
Everyone enjoy your coffee!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good Friday morning. 04.00 and still dark. Warm and uncomfortable. Cant sleep, no probs, will catch up this afternoon in my best old guy on sofa fashion. Still waiting on some money for a little job some four months back. Getting kinda annoyed, but bein as payment comes through a lawyer, cant do much. Just wait.
Ah, but if you owed the lawyer another story!

7461 - 7480 of 7495 Posts