Marlin Firearms Forum banner

7441 - 7460 of 7529 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,522 Posts
Actual cool here today. Went for our walk at about 5:30 and it was only 58 degrees. Going up to low eighties and sun. Should be a grand day and will definitely get in a couple of fun runs in the boat. Likely go out for dinner by boat. Hopefully will not have any trouble with great white sharks here in my lake.

You all have a super day!

Padraig
I wouldn't be too sure about that!................Vooch currently has control of my late wife's uncle's Trebuchet...........
Pagraig, Tell me about your boat......It sounds really interesting.............

Tom

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I`m just East of Orlando and West of Daytona beach.
looks like we`ve got us some weather coming. Listed as a Hurricane. Early Florida weather calls for it to pass East of the coast. Rain. Wind. Can change at the drop of a hat.
Where I`m located, wind and rain almost a given. If it stays it`s course that is.
To my Bass fishing friends. Went back to the St John`s river yesterday morning with my son. Mainly to see if the "schoolers" Bass were still active. Time is running out.
We put the hook out at the mouth of a creek that empties into the river. Water was like glass. Some current due to the rain we`ve had of late. Water up some.
The action if you can call it that was sparse to say the least. Very slow. Looks like the schoolers have graduated and left for their summer haunts. I got 2 .The son got a 5lber. Trailered up about 9:30.
Now, you going to have to work for those puppies. But trust me, the HOGS are there.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
1130 hours. Mid 80's and clear. Got carb kit early this morning and have been tuning up the Stihl weedwhacker. What a PIA, my first urge to shoot it turned out to be correct. They were junk when they left the factory, and in the 35 years since that hasn't improved. I was wrong, though, this FS40 trimmer head rotates clockwise, like any other brand. So what. They're heavy, underpowered, and clunky. 1984 was two generations ago in weedwhacker design evolution.

I hope you're all having a good day.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Went fishing again this morning and pretty much got skunked. Tried a different lake Probably will have to change tactics with Depth and lures. That's fishing. About 60* this morning but getting hot at close to 80. Loggers done but now I have to relocate my trails and have been spending time mowing off the new growth and clearing debris. Not that big of a job really. New growth comes up fast.

DEP

·
Premium Member
10,491 Posts
I`m just East of Orlando and West of Daytona beach.
looks like we`ve got us some weather coming. Listed as a Hurricane. Early Florida weather calls for it to pass East of the coast. Rain. Wind. Can change at the drop of a hat.
Where I`m located, wind and rain almost a given. If it stays it`s course that is.
To my Bass fishing friends. Went back to the St John`s river yesterday morning with my son. Mainly to see if the "schoolers" Bass were still active. Time is running out.
We put the hook out at the mouth of a creek that empties into the river. Water was like glass. Some current due to the rain we`ve had of late. Water up some.
The action if you can call it that was sparse to say the least. Very slow. Looks like the schoolers have graduated and left for their summer haunts. I got 2 .The son got a 5lber. Trailered up about 9:30.
Now, you going to have to work for those puppies. But trust me, the HOGS are there.

Yep, looks right now like you will get wet and maybe some pretty good wind gust. Where I am West of you we are most likely in for a nasty rainy Sunday based on the projected path. Maybe it will shift East some more. If not the East coast further up starting with SC may get hammered and the NY down the line. Could even wash that Shark off the Maine coast.

·
Premium Member
10,522 Posts
Good Morning............
63 Degrees w/ 84% humidity in Ct at 0630, and it feels crisp like September............Going to 91 later..........
No word on the fate of the MGB yet, but I'm hearing little positive comments............I understand it has been on the road.
We are scheduled to get rains from that big storm on Monday/Tuesday ..........something to look forward to for the lawns and gardens..........
VT4ster, Good to see you back.........hope things are all good in VT..........Haven't been there since November!
You all enjoy a great Saturday...........

Tom

·
Super Moderator
15,212 Posts
First off praying for you on the east side, that you get some rain and not flooded out or damaged...stay safe!
63/80 now 62, humidity at 87%, dewpoint 58*, winds NW @ 3 have to mow today and tidy up around the house this weekend, pull weeds from the flower beds, maybe even start painting the yard side of the fence.

·
Registered
29,049 Posts
morning....................

75°>87° humidity at 96%, DP at 74° BP holding steady at 29.85".

ca'jun played bug man yesterday by spraying around the house and all those pesky red-aunt mounds from all the rain we had, looking for high ground! Then it was off to scrap yard with three machines considered "bailing wire" and got $33 for 1,300 lbs and all my pain this morning................! Isn't life great!

Enjoy your weekend!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Cool and clear West of Rapid City. 57 and 96% humidity, we're going into the mid-80's today. A muggy August 1st. I just watered the hot peppers, the soil was dry. Peppers like to be mistreated, the plants send more capsaicin into the fruits when stressed. Native to Central and South America, they really only need water once a week, and like sandy, dry soil. I sampled a Serrano and a Cayenne yesterday, they were spicy hot. Good.

Have a nice Saturday. Stay alert.

·
Registered
13,121 Posts
59 at 6am wish hi today of 82 and 80% rain. About 64 right now. My wife just drug her Quilt stuff out on deck so I’m sure it will rain presently. Her Indian name is “Little Black Cloud”. On a happier note I got to give her some credit. No county fair this year but somewhere along the line she bought a 4H raffle ticket for $25. We got a call this AM and she won half a steer, 400lbs of beef. Got to call the slaughter house Mon to tell them how to cut mine. We be eating high on the hog for sure. Not telling granddaughter till it’s in the freezer. She would try to buy the other half so she could keep it for a pet.

·
Premium Member
10,522 Posts
59 at 6am wish hi today of 82 and 80% rain. About 64 right now. My wife just drug her Quilt stuff out on deck so I’m sure it will rain presently. Her Indian name is “Little Black Cloud”. On a happier note I got to give her some credit. No county fair this year but somewhere along the line she bought a 4H raffle ticket for $25. We got a call this AM and she won half a steer, 400lbs of beef. Got to call the slaughter house Mon to tell them how to cut mine. We be eating high on the hog for sure. Not telling granddaughter till it’s in the freezer. She would try to buy the other half so she could keep it for a pet.
Lucky you, but I think your granddaughter would have a tough job ahead of her.............
I would think it's really hard to leash train and house break a 1st cut 3 lb Porterhouse!.............With out the proper Steak sauce..............

Tom

7441 - 7460 of 7529 Posts