Marlin Firearms Forum banner

7421 - 7440 of 7496 Posts

·
Registered
13,112 Posts
"Mr. Vaughn, what we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, an eating machine. It’s really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks, and that’s all." Matt Hooper Jaws
There was another quote from the Capt. He described the eyes of a shark as lifeless like a dolls eyes. Very good description and captures what is going on in sharks brain, nothing except the natural urge to eat. Much like the eyes of some of the BLM activist.

·
Registered
13,667 Posts
1125 hours. It's 77 and partly sunny. We're going in to the low 80's later today. Still humid, it's sticky. Was just in town buying groceries. Beef prices almost back to normal. Lots of masks today, paranoia strikes deep. I have to run vinegar through my coffee maker, she's got a case of the slows. And shoot some targets. Retirement is a killer.

Have a great Thursday.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Right now its 86 degrees and partly cloudy, 73% humidity and feels like 99 degrees. Had a small rain shower and may have more. Glad I am in an air conditioned hangar.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
The movie Jaws was based on an early incident in 1916 of shark attacks off the Jersey shore. Some think it may have been a bull shark instead of a white. At this time bull sharks are going up the Mississippi as they can survive in either fresh water or salt water. That's according to Jeremy Wade in River Monsters? Bull sharks are actually considered the most dangerous shark.
Today was a nice morning, calm and let me cast into the weeds for a nice bass. Did not keep tthe bluegill and crappies I caught as I am too lazy to clean them.

DEP

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Just got a nice pop up thundershower with about 1/2 inch of needed rain. I officially on vacation until the 10th.

Sharks bite first, then decide if they want to eat or not. The swimmer must not have tasted like seal.
If you go where dangerous things live you're in danger. Should you get bitten or eaten it's your fault. Dangerous animals are dangerous.
Good thing I don't live close to the @Vooch or Nutria's

·
Premium Member
10,521 Posts
I read Nutria's are going to be the new food staple,sort of like Soilent Green, if the virus comes back...........Gubmint's running out of money for unemployment and food stamps.................

I have some photo's taken in the 90's of me on a charter boat with a 12 -14 foot Blue Shark on the end of my line..........They bring back good memories........Blue Sharks aren't really edible, as they are said to urinate thru their skin.............We thought it was a Mako, until I got it up to the boat.

It's looking like rain here, a little later.....................

Tom

·
Premium Member
10,488 Posts
The movie Jaws was based on an early incident in 1916 of shark attacks off the Jersey shore. Some think it may have been a bull shark instead of a white. At this time bull sharks are going up the Mississippi as they can survive in either fresh water or salt water. That's according to Jeremy Wade in River Monsters? Bull sharks are actually considered the most dangerous shark.
Today was a nice morning, calm and let me cast into the weeds for a nice bass. Did not keep tthe bluegill and crappies I caught as I am too lazy to clean them.

DEP
I read the story about the shark or sharks that swam into the fresh water and killed a few people near New Jersey years ago. I think they did catch one large shark but it was debatable whether it was the shark that killed the people. Seems at least one victim was a kid but it has been years since I read about those attacks. Not to many years ago a man in St Petersburg Florida jumped in the water of the canal behind his home as he did every afternoon and a Bull shark made quick dinner out of him.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Was hot again today but cooler temps and rain later.

This week has turned out to be better than I had expected, still undecided on employees and customers. Will close out one project next week and another the following week. Hopefully go home after that and get ready for the next round.

Don't play with sharks and alligators, they bite!

Yall have a good night.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Good Friday morning. 04.00 and still dark. Warm and uncomfortable. Cant sleep, no probs, will catch up this afternoon in my best old guy on sofa fashion. Still waiting on some money for a little job some four months back. Getting kinda annoyed, but bein as payment comes through a lawyer, cant do much. Just wait.

·
Super Moderator
15,211 Posts
Good Morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!! 59/77 currently 65, humidity is 77% with dew point of 58, sounds like it ought to be a nice day with partly cloudy skies and a NE @ 5.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Made it to Friday,again! 59 degrees, ninety percent humidity and fog. Maybe 50 or 60 foot visibility. No problem though, the coffee pot isn't that far away. Have a fine weekend everyone, don't feed the sharks!

·
Registered
29,031 Posts
morning...................
76°>89°, 99% humidity, BP is 29.97" steady, DP is 76°, SW breeze at 3-5 mph.

waiting on a so said buyer for a Automatic Product Snack machine! This was the Cadillac in the early 90's put together like a tank. Picked up four of these! Great shape as they sat in a warehouse for years not being used!

I'm no shark bait!

ca'jun56

·
Premium Member
10,521 Posts
68 degrees and 78% humidity with light rain in CT at 0615.........a good morning to multi-task between reloading, a workout and laundry.............

I need to do some grocery later today, too.......

Sharks seem to be in the news a lot here, now..............Between the Covid and the Sharks, authorities are well on their way to clearing the New England beaches for the rest of the season............Just like the movie Jaws.......

That NOS Ruger Mod 77 270 is still in my mind...........I don't need it, but by the barrel contour, it is an Ultra Light, although it doesn't say so in any rollmark......and it IS very light weight.
I still have the 270 Win Dies, and some brass, but I'd need to find a scope...(More $$).........It might be a good idea to buy it for a future project......Don't know, as yet............Maybe I'll make an offer on Tuesday..........

Cajun, I think a machine like that would make a passable firearms safe in "it's second life"......I've thought about doing so with an older locking upright freezer......people beg you to remove them.

One more cup of coffee, and I'll start doing the "Multi Task" dance...........

You all have a great TGIF.............

Tom

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
61 and bright sunshine rising up over the trees. Expecting a high of 83 with W winds 5 to 10. Today is going to be a picture perfect summer day.

We had a mild thunderstorm yesterday that dropped 3/4 of inch of much needed rain. Turned off the AC last night and opened all of the windows. Listening to the birds chirping this morning. The gardens and lawns are rejoicing with refreshment.

First duty of the day was to scoot a mouse out of the pool. Looked like a drowned rat. Mother inspected the whole process, from the safety of the screen porch, and demanded to know if the mouse made it to the woods. "Did you actually see it go into the woods?" Yes dear! If Vooch would share Tomrays Trebuchet she could have seen it fly into the woods for herself.

Off to North Pond until tomorrow morning to party with friends. Loading up the kayaks, beer coolers, food coolers and off for Vacation day 1.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
67*>82* with 50% chance of t'storms. Will we ever have another dry day? I want to paint my truck cap. I can't put it in the shop because we temporarily have a bunch of furniture from my MIL's stored there waiting for the family to divvy it up.

Can't help about the shape I'm in
I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to
Oh well

Good morning all.
JC_coffee.gif

116426200_3129793923737010_7857293564057199882_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Actual cool here today. Went for our walk at about 5:30 and it was only 58 degrees. Going up to low eighties and sun. Should be a grand day and will definitely get in a couple of fun runs in the boat. Likely go out for dinner by boat. Hopefully will not have any trouble with great white sharks here in my lake.

You all have a super day!

Padraig

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
59 going to 80 and sunny,hard to get out of bed when it is this cool in the morning.Well,hard to get out of bed any given morning.Off to work,have a great day all!

7421 - 7440 of 7496 Posts