Marlin Firearms Forum banner

6661 - 6680 of 7020 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
To get back on track...84 right now with a high of 91! HOT and HUMID is an understatement and we're not even in July yet!
It is extremely steamy here in Cincinnati. More like August weather than late June. "Air that you can wear" is what some people call it. Yesterday we had a 24 hour long Air Quality Alert issued by the NWS...because of the Saharan dust cloud. This morning we had what I call a "hot fog." Just waiting for a convection shower to brew up at this point. No cool dry weather in sight for the rest of the week AFAIK.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I live in a county of +/- 60k people. We've had 88 cases and no deaths. Less than half are wearing masks. Things running along in a fairly normal fashion.

Of course we are primarily Scots/Irish and harder to kill than cockroaches. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
First, I had no idea who he is. I had to google him. Maltese Journolist apparently. I have no interest in his opinions.
English through and through, not Maltese.
Not as well known as his brother Christopher, but just as important.
The two were polar opposites in many ways, but I have a lot of respect for both.
Kinda surprised you're unfamiliar.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
I live in a county of +/- 60k people. We've had 88 cases and no deaths. Less than half are wearing masks. Things running along in a fairly normal fashion.

Of course we are primarily Scots/Irish and harder to kill than cockroaches.
LIKEWISE!.............:cheers::cheers:.......................:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

Tom

·
Registered
12,977 Posts

Of course we are primarily Scots/Irish and harder to kill than cockroaches. :cheers:
Krusty, my county is -14K population. I live in second biggest “ settlement” in county at +or - 300 heads. My neighbor lives close enough on a good day could take him out with a green apple. He gets rural mail delivery. I got to go over town to get mine. We got 2 cases last I herd. 1 is Bro’s SIL who is Doc Asst. and in 50s, she is doing fine and is basically over it at home. She works up in next county which has I-70 and associated businesses. Most families that stay here have been here since Revolution. Scotch-Irish with a dash of Shawnee. A dangerous mix when a little conversation juice is added. Other than delivery people not much reason for outsiders to come here. There was fracking activity and pipe lines but the price of oil has put a lot of that on hold. Most of those workers were from out of state and have cleared out weeks ago. Its boring around here. The other night I almost ran over a Hooty Owl that was staggering around looking for a chicken to date.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,666
63 degrees in CT with light gray skies, a wet deck, and the talk of showers..........
I was planning to shoot rifle this morning, but don't want to gather all the gear, and drive 20 miles to get rained on...........

Maybe I'll do some pressure washing on the house and barn..........don't care if it rains ......I'll be wet anyway............

Mary Ellen's MGB continues to run crummy.........Still analyzing the problems for her...............It seems to start and idle fine, but runs rough at 3500 rpm with no load..........if its on the road under a load, it bucks and spits ..............I changed the fuel pump, plugs, points distributor cap, wires, points, rotor? condensor?....can't recall............. outside help is probably needed ............could be bad storage gas, but I don't think so.................outside help may be needed

You all have a great day

Tom
Have you given it a compression test.
And check the vacuum advance, canister on the side of the distributor.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
English through and through, not Maltese.
Not as well known as his brother Christopher, but just as important.
The two were polar opposites in many ways, but I have a lot of respect for both.
Kinda surprised you're unfamiliar.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Nah, maybe I am reading the wrong papers. Oh right, I dont read the papers. I also only watch the BBC news online or TV. That can be bias, but I believe less so than most. I have watched Euronews, but count that as comedy.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I also only watch the BBC news online or TV. That can be bias, but I believe less so than most.
In the 80's and 90's I used to think the BBC were the world's best news source...but I gave up on them a few years ago. They are now way too Left/Liberal for my tastes. IMHO the BBC is nothing more than the UK's equivalent of our NPR...or CNN.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
Nah, maybe I am reading the wrong papers. Oh right, I dont read the papers. I also only watch the BBC news online or TV. That can be bias, but I believe less so than most. I have watched Euronews, but count that as comedy.
Sort of like our most visible Dumacrats..................

Tom

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
Have you given it a compression test.
And check the vacuum advance, canister on the side of the distributor.
NP,
No compression test, but it had a valve job less than 500 miles ago................I have thought about checking the valve clearances, though............
Also, the Vacuum advance is on the list for a functional check, too.....................

Thanks, you confirm my thinking direction...............

Tom

·
Registered
827 Posts
It's 71, raining and headed for 85. It rained hard last night and we must have lost power at some point. My alarm clock by the bed was flashing this morning. Good thing I had my phone set as a backup. I've got an earlier start for work today.

My garden seems to be on schedule this year. I've got some golfball size tomatoes, pole beans are beginning their 10' climb and squash are beginning to spread. My hot peppers are a couple inches long, kohlrabi and onions are bulbing, albeit slowly, due to my lack of thinning. Peas are the best in years! Probably because my 8 year old planted them. The only thing that hasn't done well is my sweet corn. I had very poor germination. My own fault, I used seed that was packaged for 2018. Apparently, sweet corn seed does not store well especially in a hot garage. I think I should have enough season left to try a second crop. As I've mentioned previously, I moved my garden this year to get it away walnut trees and give it more sunlight. It seems to have made a big difference and I feel comfortable building a permanent fence for next year.

Off to work I go. Good day!

Keith

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,675
NP,
No compression test, but it had a valve job less than 500 miles ago................I have thought about checking the valve clearances, though............
Also, the Vacuum advance is on the list for a functional check, too.....................

Thanks, you confirm my thinking direction...............

Tom
Definitely recheck the valve clearance.

·
Super Moderator
15,155 Posts
66/86 63* dew point, humidity 81% SE @ 4, partly cloudy for the day. Lots of noise with yesterdays storm, but I could have gotten more water out of a wet sponge.

6661 - 6680 of 7020 Posts