Marlin Firearms Forum banner

4141 - 4160 of 7003 Posts

·
Registered
7,048 Posts
Yikes! I’m up after Tomray! Today’s my one day off. Working 6x12’s, not sure what’s on today’s schedule. 33°F (0.5C) here in the SE quadrant of New Hampshire. Have a good one all.
Six twelves, not so fond memories. Since it is spring time are you in a refueling outage?

·
Registered
827 Posts
42 and overcast. I need to stack some firewood today. Speaking of restoration, I spent way too much time on this Boston Model 4 Self Feeder. Disassembled, soaked in Ed’s Red, brushed, Rem Oil and reassembled. Alas, for naught. The gears on the blades are too damaged. I guess I’ll keep using my Case Trapper to sharpen my pencils.

Be safe out there!

Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,444 Posts
47 and breezy, heading to 60+. Arctic incursion tomorrow and Thurs, with single digit lows. I just came from town, it was Tuesday over 60 early AM shopping . The food stores were calm and all full of gray haired geezers and geezerettes. Most everybody was smiling and friendly. I got paper towels, there was toilet paper at scalper prices, both rationed. Lots of food, not many empty shelves. I saw a couple sourpusses and grim looks, what would they do in a real emergency? Looks like we're weathering the storm pretty well up here in Flyover Country. No shortage of South Dakota beef.

You all have a pleasant Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Six twelves, not so fond memories. Since it is spring time are you in a refueling outage?
Yep! Changing out a third of the rock's, rearranging the others, you know the drill. I got day shift this time, Tuesday’s off. Can’t wait for it to be over.

·
Registered
581 Posts
39*
Gonna throw the 39a in the back of the sports car and do burnouts on Timrekahs lawn.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hey Vooch - come on over!!! I'd enjoy the company! Backyard is pretty good sized if you can get to it through the trees - save me some time from tilling my garden spaces! On the other hand, I've got some neighbors might be interested in new landscaping!! :eek: then we can run down to the range and remain socially distant and see if you and your 39A and can outshoot me and my 9422!!! Or, I've got some native prairie property that we can take 4-wheelers and explore wide open spaces - lots of coyotes!!! Riding and shooting - my kind of day!

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Hey Vooch - come on over!!! I'd enjoy the company! Backyard is pretty good sized if you can get to it through the trees - save me some time from tilling my garden spaces! On the other hand, I've got some neighbors might be interested in new landscaping!! :eek: then we can run down to the range and remain socially distant and see if you and your 39A and can outshoot me and my 9422!!! Or, I've got some native prairie property that we can take 4-wheelers and explore wide open spaces - lots of coyotes!!! Riding and shooting - my kind of day!
I'll bring the ammo!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'll bring the ammo!

Great!! I'm afraid we might run a bit short of ammo tho!! ;D I'll provide the targets, empty soda cans, tannerite, coyote call, and 4-wheeler!! Hmmmm wonder how we'll manage the lingering thirst we might develop on such an adventure????

·
Premium Member
10,470 Posts
Great!! I'm afraid we might run a bit short of ammo tho!! ;D I'll provide the targets, empty soda cans, tannerite, coyote call, and 4-wheeler!! Hmmmm wonder how we'll manage the lingering thirst we might develop on such an adventure????
You're gonna' need one of our new "Beer Breeder Refrigerators"!.....................I'm thinkin' of marrying a small camp size refrigerator to a 3D printer, coupled to an Ice machine and a case of Beer.......Them bags of "Oak Leaf Wipers" was a pretty good success........SO.....................???????

Tom

·
Registered
28,751 Posts
For Cajun56. Cause you were curious. It's really as much art as anything else. It was still a beat up WW2 Artillery Luger, just not as bad as it was.
View attachment 799101
about what I thought! deep like the pits was! Is the pistole still shootable!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
28,751 Posts
View attachment 799105 today's baked goods. Tough being diabetic in this house. I guess that is why I hand split firewood.

Nobody in family is diabetic! Not even mom at 87! Dad wasn't either at 85 when he passed away. Dealt with a lot of diabetic truck drivers when I worked at Carbo! I need a candy bar bad!

ca'jun56

·
Premium Member
10,470 Posts
View attachment 799105 today's baked goods. Tough being diabetic in this house. I guess that is why I hand split firewood.
SCONES!..............I love Scones with lots of butter!...........They help to make me need to buy bigger Levis!...............Fattening lil' Devils!

I need to make some of those soon!

What type did Mrs 4ster make?............Blueberry?..............I make Blueberry, Cranberry, Red Current, Raisin and Apricot...............

Tom

·
Premium Member
10,470 Posts
Chocolate with an orange juice drizzle on top I believe.
Orange Drizzle sounds interesting.How does she do that?

I like to use 2X the required Lemon zest, so they have a nice Lemon flavor to complement the other chosen fruit............

Mrs. 4ster as given me something to do, the next rainy morning.........

Tom

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Well I was inaccurate. The orange flavor was zest in the dough. The top was just egg wash. What do I know other than they are good. Now onto the beer fridge issue. I may have to do a run when we need milk.
I used to brew 30 + years ago. It was a Maine thing. I lived in Old Town and the guys above us got me started. I still have my carboys and recipe log. But that is it. Micro/craft brewing certainly has took off. Amazing... Kinda knew it would, but it has gotten more common than I imagined in 1989!

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Scones? Is it pronounced scone or skon. The answer is it starts as a scone, later its skon.

Cajun56, no chance of firing, unsafe. When I first got that delivered I thought they had dragged it up from a sunk U Boat.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Got out to the Pileated Wood Pecker pond this morning with my wife. Was fairly sunny today but the wind was blowing East-South-East. Got home and had a nice bowl of hot clam chowdah for lunch. Played with the dog outside, watched a pair of sparrows and a pair of blue birds fighting over one of the bird houses, wonder who will win. Got a little work done on the boat, took the old GPS antenna off and put a new digital heading sensor on. This will give me chart overlay capability with the radar as well as automatic target tracking on the radar. All in all a productive day.

E51D5CC5-B0A8-4A1E-8ECC-FD98958ABCDD.jpeg
Wood Pecker Pond

815B2982-BF6E-4ED3-978B-E006B9DF76D0.jpeg 08A86407-9B39-4DDD-926A-E51FF513B814.jpeg
Old GPS on the left and the new unit on the right.

·
Premium Member
10,470 Posts
Scones? Is it pronounced scone or skon. The answer is it starts as a scone, later its skon.

/QUOTE]

Mr. T,

You, being English, would know that, much better than me............All I know is, Scones + butter, make a good breakfast for me................

Tom

4141 - 4160 of 7003 Posts