1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Very nice rifles, gentlemen.

·
Premium Member
13,363 Posts
Congratulations. Sweet rifle. The other two posters, beautiful rifles also! Thanks for the pics - can't have too many!

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
To me( and I love Marlins) there is nothing more American looking in a rifle as a Winchester 1894/92. And they point and carry like they are part of you.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Before I met Paul Benson I had a safe full of Winchesters. Now I have a safe full of Marlins!
Don't get me wrong, early Winchester lever guns are fine! Beautifully proportioned, and as well built as anything out there.
But for some reason, once I was around early Marlins there wasn't any question.
The Marlins are more robust, and in comparing my guns with the Wichesters I sold off, more accurate.

Reactions: Remy103 and Travlin

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Before I met Paul Benson I had a safe full of Winchesters. Now I have a safe full of Marlins!
Don't get me wrong, early Winchester lever guns are fine! Beautifully proportioned, and as well built as anything out there.
But for some reason, once I was around early Marlins there wasn't any question.
The Marlins are more robust, and in comparing my guns with the Wichesters I sold off, more accurate.

Its all good. I have Marlins as well. I find there is just something "American" about a Winchester 94 in pre 64.:proud:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts