Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bunch of mulies came into the yard again today. I thought I'd see if I could hold steady enough for a good shot. Doesn't matter as I can't see the sights anyway! ;D
This is what it looks like. I will need to scope the Redhawk before I try any deer hunting with it.

John

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Nothing wrong with adding a scope, John...especially when age begins to catch up with us. Shot placement is everything and optics can certainly help us achieve the marksmanship necessary for a clean harvest. Hunting with a handgun, even with a scope, still requires a steady hand, a trained trigger finger, and a fair amount of woodmanship to close the distance.

Roe

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice Guns as usual there Roe. I have a Ruger MK-II Competitin target with a 4X Leupold EER on it. It sure makes a difference. I just have to find a scope for my Redhawk.

Gaterskinner, Thanks. I have done the ******* thing and shot deer from my front room window in my underware! ;D ;D ;D

John

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
John

I am partial to the red dot type sights. I recommend you check some of them out when you're shopping. I always had a hard time lining up the pistol scopes so I could see out of them- they can be awfully temperamental- and in low light, I think a good red dot beats a scope. The dot sights don't have any eye relief issues making them easier for me.

You can also find them in green dot configuration. My Smith 586 has a dot sight that can go either red or green.

I'm happy with these. I know there are more expensive models out there- but eyes aren't good enough to tell the difference.

M

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is clear to me that I am going to need a lazer - rangefinder - super scope if I'm going to out do you guys! ;D ;D ;D

Nice rigs there Maudite. A green dot does appeal to me!

John

·
Registered
402 Posts
Heck, with that many deer in the yard, just close your eyes and shoot. You're bound to hit one of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts