Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I love the classic good looks and simplicity of a single shot rifle too.

Those rifles are really, really beautiful to me.

If Ruger made a RUGER #1 in 22LR - I would BUY one even if they are expensive.

Thanks again.

Catherine

·
Premium Member
12,193 Posts
Well thank you! Glad you enjoyed.

For one reason or another I sold three different Ruger Number One rifles I'd purchased over the years. Never bought a new one, always used, and always got my money out of them - but I really wish they were all still in the gun safe.

The .375 I have now is my favorite of them all, but I hope to get another someday, chambered for a smaller cartridge.

There has been some interest in a .22 rimfire Number One, and I believe Ruger built one as a prototype. Could be wrong about that. Not sure though that there's enough interest for them to ever market it, but who knows? They have been offered in some very small .22 center-fires, which could be a lot of fun as well.

Nice single-shot rifles are pretty special. I'd like a few more.

Regards, Guy

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Well, I sort of collect Ruger #1's ;) I own 21 of them plus a custom using the #1 action.
For those interested, there was a guy named J. Korzinek who specialized in converting Ruger #1s and #3's to 22LR. I dunno when he quit advertising in RIFLE Magazine of if he's even still in business but at least that was one way to get a #1 in 22LR. He was located in Canton, Pennsylvania.
Now my custom #1 is in .223 Rem. and uses a 20" barrel off a Remington M7 with custom wood, even if it is quite plain regarding grain. I didn't build the rifle but bought it on the cheap with a burned out barrel and had my gunsmith replace with an unused take off barrel. The gun is still a bit heavy but it's my walkabout gun when I hike through the desert. I'm still having accuracy issues with it but it's good enough to pop off a coyote of two. I have #1's running from .22 Hornet to the mighty .416 Rigby. I like my Number Ones. ;D
Paul B.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
I always liked the looks of them, but never wanted to spend what they cost. I do think that knowing you have one shot, a person takes more time for thoughtful shot placement. Rugers are really nice guns, especially the older ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts