Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
I've got a long wait until my garden is ready for pickin. I planted it in early June.

·
Registered
7,972 Posts
My BIL has a barn behind his house with seveal open air pens built off of it and he had horses in the pens for at least 15 years. Ten years went by with no horses so he planted squash in the dirt in the pens and he would go out to the pens every other day and come back with a five gallon bucket of squash. He literally had squash running out of his ears he had so much. We had a family get together at his house and he had a five gallon bucket of squash sitting by his front door that I put in the back of my pickup when I left and I ate squash until I got tired of it. LOL

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trust me. More to come. If I can keep bugs and deer off the peas and beans and okra. Watermelon, pumpkins, corn, cabbage, peppers of all kinds, cauliflower and cantaloupe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If I left my garden unattended I would have nothing left. As it stands right now its grounds 5 and I am still loading....

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Zucchinis can get loose real quick as well. We bought a nice spiralizer a few years ago. Their noodle in place of pasta are pretty darn good.

·
Registered
541 Posts
That's a great early harvest! Up here in Maine the growing season start's in June and seem to end in July! It's actually longer than that! I guess each location in our country has it's little perk's. Last week it was my birthday, so I drove down to the dock's for a birthday lobster. Well long story short a baker's dozen for $65.00! That's 13 lobster's, a pound and a quarter or so each. Freshly steamed while I watch to bird's harvest steamer clam's on a low tide. Above a eagle soar's. It's 74 degree's and not very humid! Perfect first day of summer! June 21st!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts