Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend at the LGS called and said my gun was ready so I went in with three empty gun cases and came out with them loaded. Last week I mentioned that he had a 444S and a Waffle-Top for sale. The Waffle-Top is listed in the 336 listings. I bought them both for $850 plus tax = $901.00 OTD. Here's the 444S, it's from 1978. Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
Gun Firearm Shotgun Trigger Air gun
Rifle Gun Trigger Shotgun Air gun
Metal
Games Sphere Wood Circle

·
Registered
339 Posts
Great buy mister!

Very nice iron, complete with front sight hood. It looks like new other than the sissy pad.

My ol' 444s doesn't come close in condition. Nice to see a live one so well preserved.

Reactions: TommyT450

·
Registered
153 Posts
Very nice, you said three empty gun cases, what is in the third case?

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice, you said three empty gun cases, what is in the third case?
That 39A I posted today in the rim fire section. I had dropped it off a week earlier, that was when I saw these other guns. That 22 needed a new ejector assembly and an extractor. They were missing, could have done it myself at home but then I wouldn't have seen the other two, so it worked out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My friend at the LGS called and said my gun was ready so I went in with three empty gun cases and came out with them loaded. Last week I mentioned that he had a 444S and a Waffle-Top for sale. The Waffle-Top is listed in the 336 listings. I bought them both for $850 plus tax = $901.00 OTD. Here's the 444S, it's from 1978. View attachment 695673 View attachment 695681 View attachment 695689 View attachment 695697 View attachment 695705

Darn man you picked up some nice ones.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That 39A I posted today in the rim fire section. I had dropped it off a week earlier, that was when I saw these other guns. That 22 needed a new ejector assembly and an extractor. They were missing, could have done it myself at home but then I wouldn't have seen the other two, so it worked out.

Very good then, I thought you may have ran in to another hard to find rifle.

Reactions: TommyT450

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nice Pick up!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't believe I could have passed on that deal for a 444 in that shape with an older 336 to boot!
I've been bitten by the Marlin bug the last few years myself.
1960 336 30-30
1967 444
1974 1895
still looking

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.