Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys and gals. As the title says I have been seriously considering getting one of these rifles ever since I saw the first article on them. I think that the 18 1/2 heavy barrel .308 version would fit my idea of the almost perfect all-around rifle. Everything I have seen on the internet and youtube really sounds good, but I was wondering if anyone here has any first hand experience with them. I ask here because I am always impressed by the amount of knowledge and experience that I have found on this forum. So what do you folks think?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
my neighbor has the mvp in 223. we have shot it on my 200 yard range with cheep federal ammo . and that thing is amazingly accurate.
I dont know how the 308 version shoots , but as far as a 223 . I'm sold---goodluck :tee:

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Got one in 223, takes regular AR15/M16 magazines. Excellent rifle. Would like to have one in 308 too.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Yeah I like to have one 308 win, I've checked them out before!!! Here's a pic of couple I like in 308 with 11 round mag!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not much help on NEW MOSSBERGS but my brother had a model 800 in 30-06 that was a tack driver, I bought a model 800 in 308 first time to the range got 1 and a half groups out of it, looking forward to reloading for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts