Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking thru my WW brass....i found about 25 with a BIG primer hole! I think this would give me a pretty good "flyer" from the rest of the group!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've pretty much given up on Winchester brass. It used to be my favorite brand, but recently within the last couple years, I've gotten some pretty crappy stuff.

Either the flash holes are screwed up, or the pockets are too loose from the factory, or bottle neck cases are split in the shoulders, or necks. I bought 500 rounds of 223's a couple years ago, and ended up tossing about a third of them because the cases were split right out of the bags. I had to order more then, and sure enough, about a third of them had to be tossed too. I figured it was some factory mistake till I bought 1000 357 cases that had primer pocket, and flash hole problems. After several bags of assorted other calibers with hardly a single bag that didn't have problems, I just quit buying any new Winchester brass at all.

Now for straight walled calibers I use only Starline, and my bottle necked calibers are loaded in Federal, or Remington for the most part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts