Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until I had children I was pretty much the ice man. Nothing seemed to bother me. As a younger man I was in the military and then civilian law enforcement. Death, destruction, mayhem, just another day at work and my life. Families wiped out, senseless murders, and brutal child abuse. I was kind and polite to the survivors and those affected. Never was kept awake at night, or day depending on the shift. I filed my reports dealing with the worst scum of the earth in a dutiful manner.

I remarried to a remarkable woman who changed my life. Quickly, I realized that I had been starving myself from enjoying the gifts that God intended us to enjoy. This wonderful woman brought me into a functional world and as a result I've returned to the church and now have two grown wonderful children. I had tears of joy at those events and others. to come. I've become a sap as well as a warrior.

I've said before on this site that my training had saved my life from violent intentions. Nothing could be further than that as there was spiritual void in my life. My bride and her family demonstrated to me the things that are really important and I returned to the church. Realizing my transformation from a relationship that not only saved my life (spiritually and likely actually) has changed my life for the better.

Thank you, God, for bride and family. Amen

AC

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Amen.

Reactions: 336 Fan

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Liked your post so much that I just had my wife sit down and read the whole thing herself, who was impressed as I was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts