Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Catherine gave these knives to me, each one is a treasure. These knives belonged to my Catherine's late husband and I am honored to have them. Thank you honey.

Jesse

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Each of the military pocket knives is a Camilus, each dates from 1973 ranging up to 1989, all are in excellent condition.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Jesse,

Great multi use knives for sure.

You guy's going to have a special place for the knive's in your New House?

New House!!! New House Smell,, Oh Boy,, You Guy's really have something to look forward to,

Joe :)

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a pair of genuine American made Schrade Old Timers. The first one is a 330T, the second is a 340T and is still in the original box. These knives are unsharpend and I would guess they are of late 80's or early 90's manufacture. The box for the 340T small stockman's knife says Imperial Schrade Corp., 7 Schrade Court, Ellenville, NY. It also says Product made in the USA, package printed in China. These are superb pocket knives, both are fine examples of American quality.

Jesse

·
Registered
603 Posts
gotta love those old timers! i have a 1940T my dad gave me before i went to afghanistan.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
H-bomb thank you for your service to our country my friend. I like the Schrade knives too, I've carried an Uncle Henry Signature for many years and love it. The Old Timers that Catherine gave me are extra special for me because they are from her and they are American made, carbon steel to boot....smile.

Jesse

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The first pocket knife I ever bought for myself was a very small Kabar stockman's knife made from carbon steel. That was a great little knife and cost me the princely sum of 5.00...grin, that was a few years back.

Jesse

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Real treasures for sure Jesse.

Cheers,
Mark.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you Mark! I hope the weather has improved for all you there in the Land Down Under. Looks like it's starting to rear it's ugly head up here in Montana now!

Jesse

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Be carefull Jesse and don't take any risks. Mother nature can be unforgiving.

Mark.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Amen to that my friend! There is record snow pack in the mountains here in western Montana and the weather has warmed up to about 70 degrees now. It has also started to rain a bit here in western Montana but in eastern Montana it has rained a good deal. This has started some flooding in many areas back there and now it's looking like we're going to see some over here too. The weather is great right now, we went to the rifle range this afternoon for a couple hours of trigger therapy.

Here's a link or two so you can look in.

http://www.nbcmontana.com/severeweather/index.html

http://billingsgazette.com/special-section/news/montana_flood_2011/?=update76546

Jesse

1 - 13 of 13 Posts