Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Talk about someone who made a difference in this world! RIP Col Shames 馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥馃嚭馃嚥

Registered
He got some of Hitler's cognac ! Can you imagine being in that room ?
Dave
I've been to and in the Eagle's Nest. Rode in the same brass walled elevator Hitler used. Also walked through Dachau. Some very somber moments and thoughts involved.

Banned
One of the very reasons that the "Greatest Generation" earned that venerable moniker - R.I.P. Sir, your time here may be done, but what you have done here in your time shall live on forever. JOB WELL DONE - And A Life Well Lived!!! R.I.P

Reactions: NewtoSkeet

Registered
Sadly, time waits for no man.

My platoon sergeant in Vietnam jumped into Normandy and Holland with the 101st Airborne. My first combat tour was with the 101st, and I wore the patch on my right shoulder for my entire army career. Could have worn others as the deployments went by, but I always wore the 10st patch as my combat unit designator.

Bird Sleeve Badge Beak Emblem

Registered
I just ran across this. Full credits to Col. Ed Shames... but as the first line of the article says: "the last surviving officer".

There is one other member of Easy Company that is still alive - he joined Easy Company in England in February 1944, and shared that kick-back in the Eagle's Nest.
PFC Bradford C Freeman. Band of Brothers - The Veterans History Museum of the Carolinas

Super Moderator
That was a generation of true sacrifice !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts