Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been way too long since ive been to the range this year. But it only felt right to spend this beautiful evening with the love of my life aka the GBL. There is clearly no comparison between the ghost ring and a buck horn. At 100 yards i managed about a 3 inch group with 4 shots. OK maybe 5 with the first shot being a wild trigger jerk CAM00550.jpg CAM00548.jpg

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've always used receiver peeps on older 1895's, pretty much all I've hunted with the last few decades. I prefer to go into the timber to hunt elk rather than sit at the edge of a big open area with some new super magnum. I am looking forward to getting a Skinner for my new short barreled Cowboy. For now I've shot it a bit with a Marble's "Bullseye" rear sight I had on hand. A bigger circle, a little further from your eye than a receiver mounted peep, but almost as accurate. Same principle, as your eye naturally wants to center the front sight in the circle or "peep". I put a Lyman Globe sight on the front that has interchangeable inserts for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Love the peeps... Improved my accuracy a whole bunch over the standard iron sights for sure!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Love peeps. First "discovered" them on my M-1 Garand and have added them to a few levers and one muzzleloader.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts