Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took a little time to get some things squared away for the upcoming Nov 15 firearm opener. The 45-70 Guide Gun was put on the bench with the following:

WW cases
Rem300HP
[email protected] 51.2gr
CCI200
FCD (tighened 1/4 more)

After 4 fouling shots and one tap with the drift to pull into line at 50yds it was looking good. Lifted up the barrel for a shot at 100 and drilled the bullseye DEAD CENTER. I guess the new optics on the hunters face helped, too.

At dusk I climbed into the tower blind overlooking the harvested corn and alfalfa fields where they join the swamp. Out walks the "secondary" buck. It's a fine wallhanger type 8pt with nice mass and symmetrical form. Sweet. But then there is the monster I've seen that makes this trophy look like a yearling....that's the one Im wanting.

Ok, let's head out the door....it's daylight in the swamp boys!

Perferator

·
Premium Member
12,008 Posts
Seems to be a good shooting load - the 300 gr hollowpoint seems ideal for deer. Hope you get that big wallhanger trophy!

You have to wait until Nov 15th? Have patience... Guy

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M700 said:
Seems to be a good shooting load - the 300 gr hollowpoint seems ideal for deer. Hope you get that big wallhanger trophy!

You have to wait until Nov 15th? Have patience... Guy
Good news is the late rut will keep the bucks moving about :wink:

Gonna be a long 3 1/2 wks. Hope the lone bowhunter doesnt get either of these two trophies.

Perferator

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Ah, Escanaba in da Moonlight!

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
Patience, Grasshopper, patience. All things come to those who wait! Good Luck!

PJ (Patiently Judicious)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts