Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took one of my little girl's for our walk this AM.
Even the leaves on our pine trees are turning red.
And there are a lot that have fallen,

Attachments

·
Registered
19,670 Posts
Was 104 degrees here the other day! No change of season in our immediate future!

·
Premium Member
7,766 Posts
not much around here in Hampton Roads area for leaves anyway. I have 2 acres of huge oak trees and when the start coming down it lookslike snow and about a foot deep across the lawn! I hate raking leaves, I hate raking leaves, I really hate raking leaves just run over them with the mower and blow them in the neighbors yard!

Reactions: no primers

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't Rake!
I have. Mostly pine trees, near my house, but there a pain in the butt too, at times,

·
Super Moderator
11,764 Posts
Not sure where you are OP but last year I didn't see trees in my neighborhood change colors until February. My daughter says we only have 3 seasons here, hot, muggy and buggy. I'm getting ready to go to Scotland and Ireland so am really looking forward to the change in seasons.

·
Registered
817 Posts
It's warm enough here to still be summer, but it's been so dry all summer that the leaves on the trees are starting to change, or just turn brown and fall off. This year it's happening about 3-4 weeks earlier this year than it has been for the past few years.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I was up in Indian Lk NY last early this week, fall foliage season has started in the ADK's.
King hope you have a good trip. hope your a beer drinker, I would love to go to Ireland but hate flying. We are of to Boston toady taking my daughter to Logan. She is flying to Canterbury England for a semester at UKC.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's better than just two seasons, like Winter's coming /
And Winter's Here.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I AM headed up to Newcomb next Fri, for my annual horse and wagon fall foliage ride , it's 5 miles in to santanoni , a built in the 1890.'s Great Adirondacks camp. Taking my uncle in for his 90 th birthday. Should have some good pictures.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Even though we didn't get a frost yet, we are getting our Indian Summer now and for the next week or so. High temperatures around 80. Feeling like an early Fall and wouldn't be surprised if we got a good October snow storm this year. It's been a while, but not uncommon here at 1800' in Central NY.

·
Registered
281 Posts
By the calendar we are 2 weeks into spring down under, while the northern parts of the country might be seeing warm weather the southern parts haven't. Had our second snowfall for spring Thursday, didn't get any all autumn and winter.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I took a group up to grants ,last yr, I was more interested in the prison, what a waste.

Reactions: vt4ster

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The first time I walked into santanoni, with my uncle, was back in the early 80's, was during early bear season, had a k frame S&W on my hip., we came to Newcomb lake, you still can't see the lodge from the bridge, but there's a picnic table there, and I told my uncle that picnic table is as far as I AM going, I don't care if I ever see this place..my uncle said he was going over the bridge and look down the trail and see if it's close by. He came back and said I don't see it.
Carrying that pistol , my back pack and a rifle, wore my right leg out. We rested for a wile, and walked back out, never did see the place that yr. We were less than 500 yds
From it.
Been there many times , walked in ,road my mountain bike
In, pulled my buck cart in and camped in there, road in on horse and wagon, with five different guys , you really have to see it. Will.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's a 5 mile walk in.probably the same out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts