Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening,

Just kinda happened across this site, had a look and wow, great information here. So I thought I would sign up and say HI.

A little about me, I did 28 years in law enforcement, and was medically retired in 2006. Got to play on the SWAT team for 20 of those years and ran the sniper team for a bit, rode motors, was a CSI, Firearms instructor, Chemical agents instructor, Repel master, bla, bla, bla. All the fun stuff, by now the medical retirement might start to become more clear.

I used to do 3gun, getting too dam old and slow to be competitive. My wife also shoots with me. We came across cowboy action shooting and the wife said lets do it. Bought my pistols and rifle, and got the pistols for the wife. They finally released the 1894CB in 357, so on stand by to get one for the wife for her birthday.

California gun laws and politics drive me crazy, told the wife i was leaving and really wanted her to join me. We decided on a place in Tucson AZ and I will be remodeling it over the next several months/years. We are keeping the place in CA for now. We intend to be "summer birds" rather then "Snow Birds". When it starts to stay over 100 on a regular bases, back to CA and visit with the kids and grand-kids.

Oh, the handle "Stoner", some people relate it to the smokable substance. In my case its related to honor Eugene Stoner of the AR.

"That's all for now folks"

·
Administrator
30,718 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from the Sierra Foothills.

I agree with your sentiments regarding CA gun laws and politics. I'm recently retired and the wife has 5 years to go. Then were moving to Idaho where life is slower and more free.

Enjoy the site.

Jack

Reactions: Stoner

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to Marlin Owners from the Sierra Foothills.

I agree with your sentiments regarding CA gun laws and politics. I'm recently retired and the wife has 5 years to go. Then were moving to Idaho where life is slower and more free.

Enjoy the site.

Jack
Thanks. Several guys and gals from my old department have moved to Idaho. Reasonable people, reasonable property prices! Several guys have moved to the Haden Lake area. From the pictures its gorgeous.

·
Administrator
30,718 Posts
Thanks. Several guys and gals from my old department have moved to Idaho. Reasonable people, reasonable property prices! Several guys have moved to the Haden Lake area. From the pictures its gorgeous.

I'm from the PNW and the wife is a native CA but even she can't stand what the liberals have done to CA. We both can't wait to move and northern ID is awfully beautiful but it is in the snow belt with long winters. We're not ruling it out but are looking at Idaho Falls where the weather is a lot milder. In fact, Idaho Falls weather is about the closet match to our weather in the foothills, only not as hot as it is here.

We'll see where we end up, making a lot of trips checking out ID and we're not in a rush. Although, that may change if Gavin Newsom wins his GOV bid, he'll destroy what is left of CA.

My older sister lives in Tucson. We've had enough desert living in Henderson when I owned my MFG'ing business.

Jack

Reactions: JMAG54

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Super Moderator
15,202 Posts
Well howdy neighbor, got medically booted myself. Yup, splitting things up here too. Looks to be Prescott as of this date. .........Enjoy this great forum.

John

·
Super Moderator
16,651 Posts
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The "Original 444 Marlin®" Country!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Hello from KY.

·
Registered
21,196 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from The Republic of Texas...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.