Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is carrrying .35 200 grain ammo made by Remington. All I have seen for several years in a 100 mile radius was the Hornady .35 ammo.
I am still a bit in sticker shock though. The Remington ammo was only a dollar cheaper than the Hornady. $28.99 a box for it.
At least I have a choice now. And yes I know, it's cheaper to reload, but I don't shoot that often.
Andrew

·
Banned
2,609 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,112 Posts
It's the old Gander Mountain.

Now owned by the guy who told us Trump guys to "Not shop in my Store".

I am fulfilling his wishes.
Didn't know that and thanks for the info. I wasn't that big a fan of the old Gander Mountain anyway....

·
Super Moderator
26,112 Posts
I usually find it at Cabela’s on sale every once in awhile. I stocked up a year or two ago when they had some on clearance for under $20 a box. Federal and Winchester can be found also if you look.
Though I reload--I did buy a couple boxes of Federal 35 Rem at Cabelas earlier in the year. I hadn't seen that brand of 35 Rem in quite awhile.

·
Super Moderator
4,352 Posts

Fulfilling his wishes also. My LGS has carried the Rem 200 grain for a couple of years. I don't reload for that one I stocked up when it was on sale here and 10 1/2 boxes will last me a life time plus.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

:dito:

IIRC the CEO of Camping World (Camping World bought Gander Mtn) did not have kind words for Trump supporters and stated he did not care if they shopped there.

Well now that my wife has bought us a camping trailer, I now have 2 places in town that I can respect his wishes.

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
:dito:

IIRC the CEO of Camping World (Camping World bought Gander Mtn) did not have kind words for Trump supporters and stated he did not care if they shopped there.

Well now that my wife has bought us a camping trailer, I now have 2 places in town that I can respect his wishes.
Well I didn't know about the Camping World connection. I've been looking at campers and checked them out. Won't do that any more.

·
Super Moderator
4,352 Posts
I don't buy off the shelf 35 ammo because I shoot 180gr and nobody
makes it that I know of.
Why?
Because it's a little faster and still hits like a anvil.
Ha, LOL navajo, where I hunt I only need the anvil when using that 336. It shoots that stuff so well why mess with a good thing.

·
Premium Member
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

From what I found about Camping Worlds owner, this statement isn't really factual.
I have attempted to put his actual quotes from the interview where this statement was purportedly made, but I could not get it to attach to this thread.
Andrew

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
From what I found about Camping Worlds owner, this statement isn't really factual.
I have attempted to put his actual quotes from the interview where this statement was purportedly made, but I could not get it to attach to this thread.
Andrew
Here it is right here:

---"He had strong words for those who thought President Trump’s response to the events in Charlottesville, VA was appropriate.

Lemonis, who is also the CEO of Camping World, said, “There’s no doubt that there is probably not many consumers in this country today that are in favor of what has been said in the last couple days and if they are, quite frankly, don’t shop at my business.”---

https://www.thenationalherald.com/172319/marcus-lemonis-tells-trump-supporters-shop-elsewhere/

It was clear enough for me. The next day or two he put out a video trying to soften up what he said, but I wasn't buying it. That video is probably still available online somewhere.

By the way, what Trump said was "both sides" and I fully agree. Both sides were responsible. It's just that the Media and the Trump haters typically all jumped on one side, like they do.

·
Premium Member
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here it is right here:

---"He had strong words for those who thought President Trump’s response to the events in Charlottesville, VA was appropriate.

Lemonis, who is also the CEO of Camping World, said, “There’s no doubt that there is probably not many consumers in this country today that are in favor of what has been said in the last couple days and if they are, quite frankly, don’t shop at my business.”---

https://www.thenationalherald.com/172319/marcus-lemonis-tells-trump-supporters-shop-elsewhere/

It was clear enough for me. The next day or two he put out a video trying to soften up what he said, but I wasn't buying it. That video is probably still available online somewhere.

By the way, what Trump said was "both sides" and I fully agree. Both sides were responsible. It's just that the Media and the Trump haters typically all jumped on one side, like they do.
I certainly am not defending the guy, but I took his interview quote as that it applied to both sides when dealing with hating other people due to their opinions. Although he doesn't support Trump, i don't think he intended it to apply to Trump supporters only.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I usually find it at Cabela’s on sale every once in awhile. I stocked up a year or two ago when they had some on clearance for under $20 a box. Federal and Winchester can be found also if you look.
I've had Cabela's order ammunition for me the store didn't ordinarily carry on the shelves.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.