Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i finally got to do some shooting with my new 1895. i'm very pleased with the accuacy of this gun as it trumps any slug gun i have shot. i would like to find a good gunsmith in the ravenna ohio area to tune this gun more to a marlin and less like a remlin. i had some jam issues, and looking at the brass there are some burrs that need attention. i would also like the trigger pull reduced. really need to squeeze hard to fire. shooting hornady leverevolution. any help would be greatly appreciated.

the bottem target was at 65 yards and the 3 right and low where my first 3. after scope adjustment the next 6 look good. the top target was at 100 yards with no scope adjustment. the oddball to right was me, last shot, rushed it.

added a pic of the gun. also, it is a 2-7 redfield revolution scope.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't know of any smiths out your way but if you search the gunsmithing section of this forum there are some instructions on many things you can do yourself such as changing your trigger and springs. Best to you, you've got a good shooter.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Shows A lot of promise!
Are you going to reload?
The 45-70 Gov is on e of the most satisfactory cartridges to roll your own!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shows A lot of promise!
Are you going to reload?
The 45-70 Gov is on e of the most satisfactory cartridges to roll your own!
i myself won't reload, but one of my hunting buddies does reload. he has everything to reload so it makes more sense to pay him than to buy all the stuff for me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks great, shoots great!
I have had mine for a year and a half and scoped it a few month's ago. Here in MN about 45 min. from me. There is a gun shop that is also a Marlin factory repair center for this area. They built a small western town for Cowboy shoots, fun to watch. brought mine down there to have a cow boy action job done on it, WOW! very happy with how it turned out. Hope you can fine a good gunsmith to tune it up. I reload now for the 45-70 and that is the way to go now. Fun to see how hunting loads change from different powders and low target loads, found one target load to match my hunting loads POA. Have fun !

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Congratulations on some nice work with those targets. Agree a good gunsmith who knows Marlin levers can bring out the best in reliable, smooth and a nice trigger. For the handy there area lot of very clear postings for doing easy to advanced Marlin work yourself. Fortunate and lazy myself and pay my excellent local gunsmith.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts