·
Registered
6,848 Posts
The one you want and don't have yet...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
.338 Marlin Express for me.

A question friends. I'm the proud owner of an octagonal barrel, JM .45-70. I was thinking of putting a Lyman #2 tang sight on it, except it requires drilling and tapping for a screw, which I am capable of doing. My question is, how badly will I degrade the value of the gun if I install it?

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
10,909 Posts
Mine would be a 57 & 62, as I have the 57m

Reactions: mikej

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I've been down this rabbit hole before. No matter what you feel is your "grail gun", when the day comes that you finally acquire said gun, another will take its place, then another, and another etc etc. It's a never ending cycle. Perpetual. Infinite.

·
Registered
337 Posts
For me it's been an 1894CB in .32 H&R Mag or 1894CL .32-20.

But for the prices that they've been commanding when you can find one, I'm now likely to go with a Henry Big Boy in .327 Federal, especially if they come out with one in their "Sidegate" model.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I've been down this rabbit hole before. No matter what you feel is your "grail gun", when the day comes that you finally acquire said gun, another will take its place, then another, and another etc etc. It's a never ending cycle. Perpetual. Infinite.
As it should be. I doubt most people have one gun that's really their grail gun. Most have that "most desirable" gun, and then another they want almost as bad. But sometimes I see one I want almost as bad first, so the grail gun want goes on.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I'm in agreement with M1Riflenut. I thought I had mine with the .357 mag. CB LTD and 1894M. Now its the 1894 CB in 32 H&R mag.
It is the only one I need to have to have all calibers of the 1894. Not a lot of people can say that. Of course I only need a 44 mag to have all the calibers of the 1894 CB LTD's. I have all of the CL's. I have Marlinitis bad.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts