Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well boys and girls -- I've been kinda keeping my good eye peeled for a SAA to tote along with some of the 32-20's I'm very fond of exercising around here. Scored a sweetie by Uberti this week. An 1873 clone in their Cattleman series.

View attachment 105928

The fit and finish is excellent.

View attachment 105929 View attachment 105933

I've noticed several parts numbered to the frame, such as the cylinder and loading gate.

View attachment 105930

This sweetie shoots to it's sights using my favorite load for the "28". It's 4 3/4" barrel is accurate and easy to pack. I especially like the cylinder reaming. The cases come out looking the same as they went in, complete with shoulder and neck.

View attachment 105932

The gun leather is by Karla (Purdy Gear). No loops in the belt for this one. The rat tail pouch holds 100+ rounds - as all the mini-hyphen have voracious appetites!! Even that may not be enough...

Best regards. Wind

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
VERY nice !

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
-W- You are a fortunate man. Nice looking firearm, great looking leather and the pistol likes the same ammo combination as your rifle. I tried the handgun/long gun combination three different times, and was never lucky enough to have two that liked the same diameter bullets, or if the bullets were the same, they liked different powder charges. Sweet looking rig. If you don't already have it I think you need a turret top press set up for 32-20 as it will save you a lot of set up/take down time in the future. Shenandoah

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Absolutely beautiful sidearm (er, uh, sidekick), WIND. :congrats:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Very Nice!! Your enabling foo is in high gear!! I was looking at a Ruger SS6 .32/.32-20 combo but passed. Then the next stop I bought the 1889 in .32-20. Uberti makes a nice pistol!! I have an EMF .45/.45ACP combo and it's one of my favorites although I don't often shoot the ACP.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice! I had a pair of Uberti 's in 45 Colt at one time. Excellent fit and finish. I have a bunch of 32 cal revolvers , but nothing in 32-20 to go with the Marlin 94. I've looked into the Cimmarron P model in 32-20 and a 32 H&R cylinder also. But I'm having a hard time with the sights on handguns. I stumbled into a used Blackhawk in 327 fed a few years ago and it is one of my favorites. I put a fiber optic front site and a rear peep, I can hit what I'm shooting at now.. MY option for 32-20 is sending the Blackhawk to Bowen and he will make a 32-20 cylinder for it. Hopefully by next year.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey there Byron -- I gotta say I was ecstatic when the "28" load played so well. I've been down that same road you have many times as well. I'm getting the feeling that a heavier bullet in the revolvers seems to help the compatibility issues between rifle and pistol.

And Steve -- I have shot Wet Dogs 32 H&R via the Ruger platform. Size and weight are about the same. He has adjustable sights, but the Uberti front sight is cut thin and shows up well in the rear sight groove on the back strap. I have big paws and struggle a little with standard grips. I prefer Bisley grips when available. In the next few days I'll stretch it out a little.

And thanks ya'll for the kind words.

Here's a little of Wet Dogs pistola at work...

Best regards. Wind

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Thanks a lot Wind. Now I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for one of those beauties to go with my 1889. I'm going by Long Hunters tomorrow to get the 1889 with the new MVA on it so I'll have to check out the display cases. They're an Uberti dealer so I may be out more bucks that I initially expected.

Nice find and a beautiful combination with your leather.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
That's a beauty!! And some awesome shooting....

As usual!!

·
Premium Member
17,107 Posts
Hey Wind,

Great score!

Can see a SA "side event", at the Happenz this year! LOL

(and no, one hundred rounds is no where near "enough") ROTFLMAO!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Right you are Mark!! Might have to redesign the dinger cart and make it into an ammo wagon...

View attachment 106125

Best regards. Wind
Hey Wind,
If you make the dinger cart an ammo cart, Cleat might need a helper...?
You will need a harness setup for a "Team".... Maybe a Cleat and Cleatus!? Or Cleat n Cleopatra!?

LOL....! :)

Great lookin Iron and Rig you have there! :congrats:

Enjoy
BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Thanks a lot Wind. Now I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for one of those beauties to go with my 1889. I'm going by Long Hunters tomorrow to get the 1889 with the new MVA on it so I'll have to check out the display cases. They're an Uberti dealer so I may be out more bucks that I initially expected.

Nice find and a beautiful combination with your leather.
Well I lucked out yesterday. Long Hunter didn't have the Uberti in .32-20. Now I can tell my wife that's what I want for Christmas.

Reactions: SgtDog0311

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey there G -- They still have a few at Dixie Gun Works. Their code for them is CR0740. Merry Christmas!! Best regards. Ho, Ho, Ho Wind

·
Registered
348 Posts
That be nice---a few sass shooters here use 32-20 's in matches---have talked em into letting me try em out-------great authentic calib.--------closest I got is a pair of baby Vaquero's stainless in 32 H&R mag---tried to get wife interested in sass a few years ago----still kinda kicking my self bout buying her a 94c 357/38 instead of 32 H&R Mag----(357 was in stock---32 had to be ordered)------94c 357 is now worth more than I bought it for but the 32's seem to gone crazy $$$$$ wise-----Dog gone it now if I get the itching ya did mean Dixie Gun Works at Union City Tenn????------That's only bout 80 miles from my house-----maby I better put some glue in my chair so I don't get up & go running up there!!! HEE HEE HEE!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey dirty low down,

That would be the same Dixie… After searching all the internet sites and seeing the prices for used this or that and then original Colts….Geez those are bringing (or at least people are asking) way too much. The Dixie / Uberti gun is really a good buy, IMHO….So, I pulled the trigger on one last night. Should be here tomorrow.

WIND, I will be in touch on your findings on bore diameter and bullets. Thanks for your help….

Oh and a question for all, Does it make any difference if you use WSR vs WSP primers (or their equivalent) in a rifle or a pistol? I see mixed opinions on the internet…and I would like everyone hope that I can find one load… :tee:

G Mac

·
Super Moderator
6,355 Posts
I find it interesting that for some of the "mini-hyphens", loads in the rifle section call for small rifle primers and loads in the revolver section call for small pistol primers. Found in my 41mag, rifle primers really blew the accuracy, but haven't experimented with my 38-40 or 32 H&R.

Dad used srp in his 38Special with no afflictions for him, but he was minute of oil can at 20ft or less and not in the same accuracy requirements as some of us. The rifle primers are usually hotter and change the pressure curves, changing the accuracy.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.