Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I buy a recent (2013) copy of Zane Grey's "Lone Star Ranger" to read in the truck while the wife shops. The new updated cover shows a Marlin 336SS with checkered walnut just like mine. The second kicker is that she is wearing XS Ghost sights. You might not be able to tell it from these pics I took but if you have the book and you are an XS user, you'll immediatly notice the front sight profile.

Heck, Its not even period correct but if them old boys could carry one, the SS is the one they'd carry! :biggrin:

Poster Movie Album cover Novel Book cover

Recreation Games

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That's cool!!

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to try pumping up the value of an SS in one guy's thread and agree with Petzel in another when I make the following statement:

The JM 336SS is a vanishing legend. :tee:

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
That guy needs to take his finger off the trigger, or soon enough he will be eating horse meat! A fine piece though... time travel or no.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yea, it's not period correct, but then again, how many Winchester '94's do you see in old westerns that were supposed to pre-date the gun.

Reactions: BuffaloBob

·
Registered
27 Posts
As far as his finger is curled around, I would say the trigger is already pulled. :flute:
And that cloud behind him is the aftermath. :flute:

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
As far as his finger is curled around, I would say the trigger is already pulled. :flute:
Yessir, I did not realize that on the back cover the picture is updated with a duck falling from the sky. :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.