Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read on lever guns something known as the "marlin jam".

I just bought a NIB 2003 in 35 Rem. Is this gun still suseptible to this or has Marlin fixed this seemingly inherit problem?

If they have not... does anybody have any better pictures or exactly what I have to do to "Fix" this from happening to me. I've only "racked" it a few times and will be sighting in a new scope this weekend and deer hunting the week of 11/15.

Or will I have caused too much damage by too many cysles by that time?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Marlin Jam

You should not have any trouble with the jam on that rifle. The 1894 used in Cowboy action shooting that is shot 1000's of times can sometimes have this problem. I have fired my 1894 many 1000's of times and not had a problem with it. You won't ever, most likely, shoot your gun anywhere near that many times. Don't worry about it. Just shoot the gun and enjoy it.
Jonah

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great news. I did notice that the web-site did refer the parts and replacement fix to the 1894 so I hoped that the 336C was not effected.

I hate to start cutting and working on a brand new rifle!

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
The main culprit involved in the "Marlin jam" is the .44 mag model 1894. The other 1894 calibers can be susceptible to a lesser degree. Although many 1894 owners never seem to experience this malfunction.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
That was probably my post at leverguns that he refered to. My 1895GS often will not pick up the next round as it sticks in the mag tube. It has not been shot all that much....surely less than 250 since I bought it. It does not do it everytime, but it happens often enough to be troublesome.....it cost me a second shot on a deer last weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts