Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my latest purchase maybe 3 weeks from last Marlin purchase.
Its a 1952 336A with Ballard rifling. I passed on a newer 336C for this one since it will handle cast boolits a little better than the MG rifling.

I think I have the Marlin bug because I'm already looking at a 30A S and looking at diving into the 35 Remington brotherhood.

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
Why have a 30-30=0 when you can upgrade to a 35 Rem? Congrats on the nice Marlin!

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
ADL is the deluxe edition of the A model. It usually had a better grade of walnut along with cut checkering in the forearm and buttstock.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ADL is the deluxe edition of the A model. It usually had a better grade of walnut along with cut checkering in the forearm and buttstock.
Well thats good to know. The only downside to this one is the previous owner slimmed the forestock down and D&T the reciever for scope mounts.

·
Registered
11,172 Posts
Looks good Sgt. :congrats:But what you have is called Marlinists, only cure is another and another, and another. Then probably another.
adl, another dang lever. lol, or maybe just, a dang lever. Congrats anyway.

Reactions: Ret_Eng

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
Room Pink Table Furniture House
My '49 336A 32 WSP wafletop was D&Ted too by the original owner. That doesn't bother me as I need a scope these days.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
good lookin' rifle
congrats

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
My days of hitting 300 meter and 500 meter targets with my iron sighted M16A1/A2 are long gone. I like what one MO member posted about a year ago--" I would rather use a scope and hit the target, rather than look stylish and miss."

Reactions: RafterH

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
The forearm has been slimmed, but it looks like the checkering was redone to match. At least from the photos, it doesn't look like Bubba did the work. I think it is nice. Enjoy,

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is beautiful nice find!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey thanks gents. It's a 30-30, probably one of my more favorite calibers. I haven't got it yet as its still in the mail. But after reading the sellers ad it "hasn't " been drilled and tapped. Either way I'll be installing some peep sights on her. I still plan on continuing with my Marlin lever collection and eventually I'll add a 35. Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.