Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something happened today that I never in a million years expected. I've been going through bad marital problems recently, and my wife wants a divorce after 14 years together. Throughout this terrible situation I've been doing quite a bit of praying.

Not only is this tearing me apart to go through this break up, but we're also having financial issues that will not get better until the end of September.

I'm out of town this week on business, and this morning I was looking through my luggage trying to find Q-tips. I unzipped a little pocket and no Q-tips, but something else caught my eye. I fished it out, and- five crisp $100 bills!

Not the lottery jackpot, but still- I sure can use that right now. Only thing bothering me? Where the heck did that come from? How could I put $500 in my luggage like that and forget about it? I can't for the life of me figure out where it came from, or when and why I put it there.

Only conclusion I have is that God is watching over me, and He works in strange and unexpected ways.

I love my wife very much. Any prayers for us would be very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
11,361 Posts
Prayers for marital healing with your wife. Financial strain is always tough on a marriage. Keep praying for God's will. Good luck (LUCK= Laboring Under Correct Knowledge) Ask your wife out to dinner when you return home. AC

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that this is such trying times for you. I know from experience what your going through. Put faith in God and try to do the right thing. Sometimes God gives you a solution, You could take your $500.00 and first send a dozen red roses and some good chocolates to her tomorrow while your still away. Buy her a nice gift that she has wanted for some time and felt she couldn't afford. Surprise her with this gift over dinner. Make the best effort to save your marriage. Just a thought.

Reactions: buckweet

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Hey Ditto,

Prayer sent.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
11,566 Posts
Prayers Sent!

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Prayers sent that everything turn out right.

Brocky

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Prayers for hope and healing heading your way!! God bless!

·
Super Moderator
16,013 Posts
Prayers Sent!!!!!

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Patience, wisdom, peace. Keep up the prayers. Have you two been to counseling or spoken to your pastor about your problems?

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
It can be so hard to ask...thanks for inviting us in. Prayers up, for healing and reconciliation ditto.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Patience, wisdom, peace. Keep up the prayers. Have you two been to counseling or spoken to your pastor about your problems?
Well, we've both seen counselors separately. She won't go to counseling with together me. I've asked a couple of times, but she says no. I wish we had a pastor. I think she's likely having a whale of a mid-life crisis (why didn't I ever get to have one of those!?). We've been empty-nesters for a couple of years now. She has recently lost a bunch of weight, and has been noticing that men are noticing her (they always did before, too- not sure why never knew it).

Yes, I know God has a plan. Not sure what it is yet. I keep praying, though.

·
Registered
20,512 Posts
Prayers sent!

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
And prayers sent from Goldthwaite, TX as well! John

·
Registered
270 Posts
Prayers sent for healing in your relationship. To save your marriage, you both have to want it. Maybe find that person she fell in live with 14 years ago, he has the answer.
Uncle Sid

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
I pretty much was in your position 30 years ago. It was the biggest challenge I have ever faced. Just know that you will come out of it as a stronger and happier person. The path to that place may not be clear right now, but it will be revealed. Many of us out here know your pain and wish you the best.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Prayers sent.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts