Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news and not so good news ...
* I just talked to John for 35 minutes tonight. His voice is the strongest I've heard since he started the radiation treatment. His latest Cat Scan & MRI medical examination reports from his doctor shows no evidence of the partial tumor that required the latest radiation treatment! Thank You God and All Your Prayers for his Recovery. He has lost a lot of weight due to the radiation treatment but he is eating good. His doctor's advice is continue to take daily vitamins and eat substantial food. Plus he told me his spirits are good.
* John has his house on the market to eliminate all that is required before this cancer episode. Plan is to relocate to an apartment
* In addition, John has reduced his inventory of molds - dies - lead - ammunition, etc. He believes that age and insuring his recovery is more important

* This year's Lever Action Jubilee match at Ridgway is still a go. But the details for this year have to be worked out before the match and when resolved John will send out a distribution email to those that shoot the match

And if you would, please continue your prayers for John that his recovery has no hiccups. Thanks Kindly and Regards to All for my close friend and one of the nicest man that I have ever had the favor to know

·
Premium Member
14,375 Posts
More prayers sent. Those radiation treatments are going to drain him severely. They did me. Took me 2.5 years to get my strength back, after I recoverered from the cancer and radiation treatments. Butthen they were giving me 9 rads twice a week. (the max is 10 rads)

Glad to hear he's eating good...as his change of taste and smell of food will make it very difficult for him to eat solid food, even the food he loves. Radiation is about as tough to recover from as the cancer is.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Add mine too please - Prayers for recovery and regaining full strength and health.

Reactions: cajun56

·
Super Moderator
15,583 Posts
Prayers Sent!!!!!

Reactions: cajun56

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
John Boy,
Thank you or posting the update.....and thank you to everyone for their prayers... they worked!
. Shortly after my 10sessions with whole brain radiation inMay, I became very fatigued and mentally I was not myself. I didn't care aboutanything, didn't want to talk to anyone, stopped driving, etc. Basically, I became a recluse of sorts. Thiswent on for almost 3 months.
Then, a few weeks ago……. I was reborn! I woke up one morning and things weredifferent! I was back to my old self mentally! :D In addition to your prayers and the prayers ofmany others, I had prayed the prayer of Jabez many times "Lord that youwould bless me indeed and enlarge my territory and keep me from harm.” Enlarge my territory meaning witnessing to othersfor Christ and in addition, to become much more active in the church.
In addition, at church in August, the lecture series wasabout “Fire Fall”. Iremembered that years ago I had heard a song of that name on Christian radio. I did a search and found it. I bought the mp3 song and sang along with itseveral times a day asking God to let his healing fire to fall down on me…. andit did!
More good news. Arecent MRI of my brain and CT scan of my body shows no progression of the disease.
Hallelujah! God is great!

Thank you again for your prayers!
John

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
get well mate and more prayers sent.

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
Made me feel good to see you post and to read your post. Best wishes, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
Prayers sent to strengthen John in his fight against a terrible decease......May GOD continue to strengthen him.

Tom

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Prayers and well wishes !

1 - 20 of 41 Posts