Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was just chewed out somewhere, but a bunch of democrat liberal scum bag filth. I was told that I was gone, crazy, and should be thrown in a prison for being right wing conservative who likes guns, and that we're slaves for owning guns, and that an armed nation is bad. Needless to say, I will be not be re-visiting that site any longer. 3 years is long enough.

·
Super Moderator
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
44-40 Willy said:
So you let 'em run ya out?
I've been battling them for over a month month now, in the forums, and the chat. I've come to the conclusion you cant get anything through the head of a thick skulled communist. You just cant.

·
Super Moderator
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Surveyor said:
Perhaps everyone from this site should visit there and start many right wing posts to flood their site :)
That would be cool except the head admin is a hard arse, and will static I.P. ban you quickly, probably before you could even make 3 posts, of course, he is a right conservative himself. Surprises me he hasn't banned all the liberals.

·
Registered
25,055 Posts
I just prefer the calm approach and just leave.. not worth a net battle ..

Like the quotes say..
1: " Never argue with a moron, you lower yourself to their level and they have way more experience down there.. "

2: " Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.". ( the Democratic Party).. ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
9,361 Posts
Tman, the liberal tree hugging left are teaching our children to be afraid of everything. When I went to school our gym/PE teacher would put boxing gloves on us when he caught us fighting. Then he would make us box until someone gave up. Then we all shook hands and were usually friends again. They would put coach in jail for that now days.

Our children are being taught that it is cruel to kill wildlife, and all guns are dangerous. All people with guns are criminals. Amounts to brainwashing from an early age. We need folks that are smarter than the children teaching them.

Ignorance is a plaque upon our society.

·
Administrator
23,772 Posts
Folks go where you want just don't bring em back here.

Tman, I know it is a hard fight but the good fight, I'm glad you are so young and will be passing them values on as you get older.

People that go to that site are set in their ways already, and the libs going to a conservative sight are there to argue and disagree, simple as that. I find if you don't banter they lose their interest fast. I have gotten into it with several and kept it up until they quit. The how is easy, just give them the tools to argue themselves out. My tool was "insult until you are right" then "see what I mean" several times, they just kept insulting me until they could not get me to answer with other than "see what I mean". The old saying "Takes two to tangle"

·
Registered
140 Posts
WE'RE slaves for owning guns? AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I guess they were totally absent in History class. It's proven time and time again that w/o guns you are just a politician's whim away from really being a slave.

By the way, tman, are you the same tman associated w/ The Box 'O Truth?

Cameron

·
Super Moderator
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I'm not. Sorry.

It looks like we may have won the argument over there, proving Mr. Collegeboy I have a degree in this and that blah blah to be a complete fool.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I once heard it said that you should never wrestle with a pig because you'll just come out dirty and the pig gets to have all the fun. ;D

Just stay out of those places. There's nothing to be gained there and certainly nothing to learn.

·
Super Moderator
10,593 Posts
tman, this is typical. The basis of their political movement, whether they know it or not, was built by the likes of Robespierre, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, and Mussolini. These men believed that the State should replace God, and be worshiped. Totalitarianism isn't just a meaningless epithet for tyranny, it was a working part of their political theory that they espoused. In short, it means that the State (or political party) has something to say about every aspect of your life. Like it or not, we have that element surviving in our country today in the Democratic party. They wish to replace God and morality with 'expert opinion' and moral relativism, self-reliance with indebtedness and reliance on the State, masculinity and femininity with blurred gender lines, and pride in heritage and the 'melting-pot' with multiculturalism, etc.

They typically aren't merely citizens holding certain political views, but proselytizers of a real religion: the faith of State. They will not be satisfied until government is controlling all aspects of people's lives, and the people have an unquestioning kind of faith in State and all that it sanctifies.

It probably wouldn't surprise you to hear what book I'm reading right now: Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning by Jonah Goldberg ;D

Yeah, I hear you all too well about people thinking their education makes them anything, don't ever take some degree as a qualification to comment on politics. I work in academics for now, working on a PhD. Most of the people I work with are politically retarded...some of the most politically ignorant people I know (they may know a lot about one miniscule, probably irrelevant topic that they spend their whole life on, so because they are "smart" in that one tiny area they think that they are "smart" in everything). I also earned my undergraduate degree from one of the country's most liberal universities. I've always been interested in politics and history, so took a number of courses there for a minor. I'll tell you, those courses were nothing but liberal brainwash sessions given by leftist slimeballs. I learned literally nothing of value in those courses, other than a solid understanding of the very dangerous political movement whose ranks are filled with the profoundly mistaken and deceived, and the treasonous elitists. It makes me outraged that leftist doctrine has so much influence in our country.

You might do well to go to A&M instead of UT if you ever find yourself faced with that decision, if nothing else just to make it easier to keep your sanity for those four years. PM me if you ever want to chat about that. Of course, I still love Austin and the surrounding hill country...and I came out of there about as conservative as one could be. It was all only because of individual pursuit of the knowledge, though. The school had next to nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
"Any 20 year-old who isn't a liberal doesn't have a heart, and any 40 year-old who isn't a conservative doesn't have a brain."
Winston Churchill

·
Super Moderator
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
andylate said:
"Any 20 year-old who isn't a liberal doesn't have a heart, and any 40 year-old who isn't a conservative doesn't have a brain."
Winston Churchill
Guess I lack heart.

Good post miatakix. I'm just going to stay away from those places more often, and stay on the forum I've come to know and love. Marlin Owners. ;D

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
there's a newer saying about arguments on internet forums..

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."

I realize it's not very PC, but the sentiment holds..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts