1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I would trade a barn full of those (if I had them) for one 67 Tri power Big block Vette.

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
My holy grail car would be a 69 Yenko Camaro or 69 Mustang Fastback Boss 429!!!!But seeing as either one of them go for upwards of $200,000-300,000 I will never own them!!!!!

Reactions: dcsprings

·
Registered
592 Posts
The one I bought in 1968, 66 dodge coronet 426 hemi 4 speed 2door hard top with bench seat. Sold it for $800 for down payment on my first house. WW

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
The one I bought in 1968, 66 dodge coronet 426 hemi 4 speed 2door hard top with bench seat. Sold it for $800 for down payment on my first house. WW

Smart decision WW. Don't ya wish ya could buy one for $800 now.:hmmmm:

Mark.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
I knew Don Yenko's daughter when we were in high school. He would let her drive the corvettes the garage was working on for customers until they were finished. I drove one of them once. It was so fast it was frightening to this 16 year old. Don't believe I got anywhere near its potential, though.

·
Premium Member
8,310 Posts
Nice find.... although a "Holy Grail" would be finding one of the 1st Trans Ams.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
That sort of "restoration" reminds me of George Washington's hatchet.

The handle was replaced 6 times and head twice, but it's the same hatchet.

Reactions: NewtoSkeet and LT

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Pontiac man here but a bit older, my holy grail is a 1962 Catalina Super Duty 421, aluminum flip front body. Nearest I came was owning a 1964 Super Duty 421, Tri-power, "slim Jim hydro".

·
Registered
592 Posts
Smart decision WW. Don't ya wish ya could buy one for $800 now.:hmmmm:

Mark.
Not realy , it drank oil and it wouldn't run on what we call gas today. I have an 89 Jag XJS convertable with a V 12 now to play with and its safer to drive. If I still had it I would sell it for allot more than $800. WW

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I don't have any Pontiac (or any other GM product) on my "Holy Grail" list??

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
I went to the same college as Don Gay. His Daddy owned Gay Pontiac in Dickerson,TX and he drag raced th GTO's all over the country. He used to wear a windbreaker and on the back of it was emblossed Don Gay, Car Infinity, 9.11 et, 170 miles per hour. That's moving out pretty fast. A guy in my hometown bought a GT 500 mustang back in the 60ties and it had a 429 cu in in it I beleive but I can't quite remember. We did not like this guy but he took five of us down the road and what I remember most was he ran it 50 miles per hour in low gear and the stick shift was vibrating so fast I thought it was going to blow up but it didn't.

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
My 69 RT/SE Hemi Charger would so toast that Ponidog

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Nice find.... although a "Holy Grail" would be finding one of the 1st Trans Ams.
I'd settle on having another 1978 model... loved that thing, ha! Oh well...

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
Cool story. "Holy Grail" of muscle cars is up for debate, but a very cool story all the same.

When I was a kid, neighbor of ours was pretty heavy into both drag racing and some road-racing (as in at Laguna Seca, on the track, not on the streets). He had a beautiful white Firebird 400 that was only a couple of years old. He used to take me out to the local NHRA drag strip time to time. Good fun for a 14 year old! His Firebird was good for mid 13's in the quarter mile, bone stock but nicely tuned. Changing plugs on that puppy was quite the ordeal, as I recall he had to remove at least one of the front wheels to get at some of the plugs. That big ol' Pontiac 400 took up a lot of space under the hood of a Firebird. Wish I had a photo or two of that old car, it looked and sounded GREAT!

Guy

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Pontiac man here but a bit older, my holy grail is a 1962 Catalina Super Duty 421, aluminum flip front body. Nearest I came was owning a 1964 Super Duty 421, Tri-power, "slim Jim hydro".
I have 2, either would be great. A 1969 Ram Air IV Trans Am with a 4 speed or a 1973 Trans Am SD-455 in Red with a 4 speed. My first car was a 1974 SD-455 Trans Am in Red. Purchased new and let a woman talk me into selling it and a 454 Corvette 4 speed I also had in 2000. Still kicking myself today.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
My Pontiac ain't no holy grail but it's all I got at the moment. Bone stock, 17K miles, 2004 GTO that's been inside most of it's life, a safe queen so ta speak. I hope to do headers, cam, and intake this winter and see if it's worth keeping.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts