Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
I have watched only a half dozen or so of the clips and most are good and shot placements are good as well. I will be watching more in a few minutes.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea Richard posts some good vids he likes them neck head type shots, you would think he is from Louisiana with them white shrimpin boots but sin the LoneStar state were hogs run rampid,

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
I can wait to go after them
Thought you might enjoy seeing a Buddy of mine from Wisconsin and the big Georgia hog he whacked on our Jan '11 trip to Georgia. Some big, free-ranging hogs in this area.

Attachments

Reactions: nc hogger

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that thing is a beast looks like a black bear! do you know what calliber he used?/:congrats:nice hog!

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
nc hogger, He used a Browning X-Bolt in .308 shooting 180gr Fusions with his shot being just behind the ear; DIT at about 70 yards.

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Yeah but he had you backing him up wih a big Marlin 336ER! LOL very nice hawg. Where bout in GA and public or private land?

T-o-m
I wish I could tell you that I've whacked a hog with my 336ER, but I have not :thumpdown: I have used it while hunting there, but only saw some weally wittle piggies while hunting with it :biggrin: The place we hunt is in Johnson County and we hunt with an outfit that leases about 1500 acres in that area and does hunts for trophy whitetail, turkeys and hogs. We've done pretty well, having taken 3 big hogs (that one being the smallest of the three big ones, actually) along with several smaller meat hogs in our four trips. All game is free ranging and they have some really big old Georgia swamp hogs there. We just hunted there about a month ago and while we saw some trail cam pics of hogs in the 300-500 pound range, none showed themselves during our 3 day hunt. We did take 5 meat hogs from the 5 hunters in our group. Some hunters saw upwards of 50 hogs total though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts