Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Need advice from mdl. 60 gurus!! I have a squirrel stock Marlin I bought new in the early 70"s, and this rifle has jammed since the day I bought it, and the truth of the matter is I think I'm too stupid to give it up or get rid of it!!! Refinished the stock, down to bare wood, did the tru-oil deal, looks great, just recently installed a MCarbo trigger spring kit, brought it down from felt like 25 lbs. to a decent trigger pull, redid the nickel deal when reassembling. Just got back from the range test,
rifle jammed every shot, I don't mean once in awhile, every shot!!!! Tried three different kinds of ammo, no difference. Got both examples of jam, the old bent cartridge, the one where it cuts the half moon in the end of the round!!! Question to y'all is, is there one piece causing this or more than one piece defective? Need some expert advice, I'm at my wits end, thanks in advance!! T Rex

·
Registered
439 Posts
T Rex if it's taking a cutting extractor shaped piece out of the rim it sounds like the round it sticking in the chamber. If it's done that since new it's either a undersized chamber or a burr or something in the chamber. Check one of your spent rounds in the chamber by hand and see if it will seat all the way without being forced.

If your ever 50 miles south with it give shout. Perhaps 2 sets of eyes may see the problem.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ClipperKing, thanks for the invite, the half moon cut is on the nose of the round, seems like the spent case is on top of the incoming round, and it's hanging on the bottom of the chamber, and cutting the nose of the lead, all the jams are usually a case on top of the incoming round, or the empty case is hanging halfway straight out, totally baffles me!!! T Rex

·
Registered
439 Posts
T Rex It sure sounds like an ejector/extractor issue. Is the spent cartridge still sitting on the bolt face with the extractor holding it when the nose is hit?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ClipperKing, yes, it seems like that to me also, I think you're correct!! I've reset the ejector spring, we'll see how that works, appreciate the replies. BulletBait, appreciate the reference, had forgotten about the second height adjustment, can't beat MO members for being helpful!! T Rex

·
Registered
439 Posts
T Rex make sure you put the trigger group back in with the bolt open��

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.