Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been living in Texas over 10 years now...and have been able to hunt Wild hogs for over 5, and guide for 2 years. Here are some photos I thought yall would enjoy.

November 30, 2012 Hog

Through the spotting scope...

Sometimes....you have to run em down.

I've been very fortunate in having been on over 250 hog hunts...and been able to take over 50 hogs myself. Lots of load testing and different gun makes/calibers to try on these animals.

I've shot them with around 20 different calibers in muzzleloader, centerfire rifle and pistol, and even archery. And have been able to see terminal effects from other calibers from hunters guided. From .223 up to .458 Win Mag to .50 Muzzleloaders

If you have never gone hog hunting and are on the fence on whether to go or not...you should definitely go!!! You will have a blast :D

If I find more photos I will add to this post.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hey Buglemintoday:

Young man those are some great pictures. You are making some great memories for when you are my age and have a hard time getting out there. Get er done while you can cause when you can no longer do it you can draw on the great memories. I very much enjoyed your pictures and would love to hear the story that goes with that little feeder you are holding.

Very Nice Thread Sir
444GS2

Reactions: Buglemintoday

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Nice pics. Welcome to the MO from SC.

Y'all have some serious pigs out there - I hunted out there back in 2007 and we could have killed 100 pigs that day and still not put a dent in them.

So, what's your preference for pig killin'?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've killed a bunch with .338 Winchester Mag and 200gr Ballistic Tips or 250gr Nosler Partitions. It is over kill but I enjoy it.

In order to keep my Youtube subscription alive I am going to be making more Hog Hunting videos...My next hunt will probably be Archery then the rest I will use my lever rifles for the people on this board to enjoy. I really like chasing them with my Muzzleloaders as well. Soooo many choices, sooo little time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts