Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you guys for the comments on this rifle. I will give updates, it will not have sling swivel mounts of any kind. It will be tested with mild cast bullet loads, and will have a Bullseye in the stock in the proper location.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Okay, found a piece of walnut that closely resembles the color of the forend and cut it out paying attention to grain flow. Drilled a 5/16 hole in a stump and filed the plug down until it fits nicely into the hole.This will plug the hole in the forearm.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Might be, personally message him and find out, he responded to this thread yesterday.

Good idea. I just sent a message. Don't know why I didn't think of that. :dontknow:

Reactions: Strugl4xsc

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Before and after of the forend hole,I am not completely satisfied, but we will see how the rest of it goes.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I mounted an old 2x Luopold long eye relief scope on it with quick disconnect rings. I know what I said about scopes on lever action, but the mount and the rings were there when I got it, so we will try it out. The scope can be removed in seconds and the correct sights are then already set and ready.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
For me guns are tools. Some guns are collectables, and thats fine but thery're not for me. Like your rifles previous owners I have drilled holes, modified parts to suite. Its down to whats practical, and I know others owning guns I had over the years will frown. They will ask what I was thinking when I did this and that? Well it wasnt that I must keep them original for some holy reason. In the same way I would take no issue with minor mods, just fix em or live with them. It may also be, in some cases that the owner was on to something.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Still haven't sighted in yet. My idea is to sight it in with the scope, quick release the scope, sight in the sights, reattach the scope and see if the poi is still there.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Made black epoxy and glued it into the waffletop! Pictures tomorrow.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts